Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Liquid Solutions - anyone ever order from them?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2007, 08:00 PM   #1
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 606 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Default Liquid Solutions - anyone ever order from them?

I was browsing the Liquid Solutions website, as I have a few times before, and I was once again amazed with their selection. I know david_42 has mentioned them once or twice before. Has anyone ever ordered from their site? How did it go?

Here's a potentially "typical" order for us EACs:

I know, it's a $60 twelve pack...but when you consider the variety available, it just might be worth it. It's certainly cheaper than some of the "Beer of the Month" options I've seen. Plus, it seems that they're willing to sell you a single beer at a time.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
Todd
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri_Rage
I was browsing the Liquid Solutions website, as I have a few times before, and I was once again amazed with their selection. I know david_42 has mentioned them once or twice before. Has anyone ever ordered from their site? How did it go?

Here's a potentially "typical" order for us EACs:

I know, it's a $60 twelve pack...but when you consider the variety available, it just might be worth it. It's certainly cheaper than some of the "Beer of the Month" options I've seen. Plus, it seems that they're willing to sell you a single beer at a time.
$30 for shipping seems really, really steep. I could probably get most of those locally for about the same total price, figure $4 a bottle.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:38 PM   #3
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd
$30 for shipping seems really, really steep. I could probably get most of those locally for about the same total price, figure $4 a bottle.
The only ones on that list that I might be able to get locally are the Stone and Rogue brews. That shipping figure seems about right to me - they only ship FedEx, and we're talking about a 20 lb box of beer.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:56 PM   #4
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 260 Times on 137 Posts
Likes Given: 7

It's cool that you can buy those online. I have a neighborhood spirits & wine store that sells micros mix & match build your own sixpack for $7.99.

Most of those are on tap at the Gingerman in Austin and all of those are available at the Bock Town Grill in Pittsburgh.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:46 AM   #5
WOP31

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

I ordered from them, the cost is high but the variety of beer that you can access is great. They are a really good company to deal with. I was living in Washington at the time and had a Florida drivers licence, at the time they weren't allowed to ship to FL. And since you have to enter a drivers licence number and state, it wouldn't allow me to do so. So i called them and the guy I talked to said to order it and put WA as my state and then e-mail him the order number and he would process it. Only took a few says to have my beers in hand.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:14 PM   #6
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 126 Posts

Let's face it, glass is heavy, ale's a pound per pint (US). Shipping is expensive.

Now, compare the cost to a road trip to Oregon.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 03-28-2007, 08:12 PM   #7
Proofman
Recipes 

I have been wondering about them as well. I just discovered them recently for myself. There are a lot fo micros I miss or want to try that I can't get in Arkansas. I really miss Alaskan's Smoked Porter and want to try Dogfish Head's IPA's now that I'm an born again hop-head. Now I just need to find out if they will ship to Arkansas (chances are slim).

Old 03-28-2007, 08:31 PM   #8
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I put 4 bombers in my basket (MUST HAVE ALASKAN SMOKED PORTER 2006!) and it came to $21 shipping, which was more than the beer.

I don't think I can justify that. I'm going to see if my local beer guy can get it for me instead.

Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 03-28-2007, 08:55 PM   #9
Reidman
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 1 Posts

Put a request into your beer store or stores...you may be surprised at what they can get for you.

I've only ordered from beergeek.biz and had a pretty good experience except they left a bottle out that I had ordered and would not answer my emails...

Old 03-28-2007, 09:11 PM   #10
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Thanks for the responses guys! I know the shipping is steep, but we don't even have a liquor store here. I'm lucky in that the local grocery store has a decent selection of micros (I can get Chimay there...), but they just don't carry everything I'd like to try. I figured one or two expensive beer orders might be worth it in order to compare styles and get some recipe ideas.

Quick Reply