The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > At last the search for bigfoot is a success!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
Zymurgrafi
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default At last the search for bigfoot is a success!

10th of February 2009

He has eluded me for months now. It is the season when bigfoot is known to briefly come out of hiding. Still, spotting him has proven nearly impossible. I nearly had him last Thursday. A tip led me to a location not far from my outpost but somehow he must have known for he did not show up.

I packed provisions for myself and my two young assistants for our days quest. We would head south picking up brewing provisions and stop in at the science museum for my assistants to do some research. Of course we would also continue to be on the lookout for the elusive beast. Bigfoot! At 9:36 am we departed.

I had stopped at a certain merchant in this local not 2 weeks ago where I had found the beast in years past. He dealt in antiquities and curiosities such as the elusive beast bigfoot. No luck at that time but the trader informed me to try back on the 31st of January with a knowing wink.

It was past that date now of course but I was unable to make the trek at the time. I remained hopeful that perhaps I may still encounter him.

After our hour long trek we started down the road to the traders outpost. Our engine began to shudder and knock as we decelerated. This was not a good sign. We pulled up to the outpost. My assistants elected to remain in the vehicle and eat.

I entered and began searching up and down the aisles. I located the section where other curiosities imported from the Sierra Nevadas where kept. No sign. After looking and relooking several times I was discouraged. No signs that he had ever been there. There were many other prizes that normally I would be happy to bring home, but no. I came for Bigfoot, I would bring home bigfoot or go home empty handed! I headed to the till and queried the clerk. She checked her log and informed me that yes, she believed that bigfoot had been there and should still be. She called out to her boss to verify. He nearly dropped the boxes he was carrying to quickly shush her scanning wild eyed to make sure no other customers had overheard. The clerk clapped her mouth wincing realizing her error. She gave a knowing nod and replied with a finger to her lips. The boss motioned with his head to the far back corner of the store. The clerk led me down the aisle I had already checked. We retraced my steps together. No luck. The boss came over after finishing his task and pointed to a stack of crates and motioning to go around behind...

I have not been this close yet. I wiped the sweat from my brow as we rounded the crates. And then, there it was. Bigfoot! 3 cages full of the beasts! I had searched long and hard I would not be satisfied with one prize. I elected to bring a cage with a whole heard of the beasts home! I carefully moved the cages on top to the side and got the one on the bottom that had 24 of the beasts. I brought it to the till and $40.99 later I at last had my prize!

sláinte!

Bristle Bros. Brewing

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2009, 12:24 AM   #2
Zymurgrafi

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Damn. It is as good as I remember.

Yum. Should have got 2 cases!

sláinte!

Bristle Bros. Brewing

Old 02-11-2009, 12:36 AM   #3
McKBrew

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Congrats on finding Bigfoot. I am waiting for my tax refund to pay for my expedition to search for the elusive beast. I have a pretty good feeling that I can quickly trace his whereabouts and bag the prize, but without funding the expedition can not happen at this time.

Make Beer, Not War.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:20 AM   #4
s3n8
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Anyone been able to find this in the northern VA area? Have tried the usual places, Total Wine, Wegmans, Cork and Fork... No luck yet.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:11 AM   #5
mikeyc
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Its suppose to be here in my part of KY next week. Im jonesin for some Big Foot. I got a few bottles of last years left. I cant wait to do a side by side tasting!!!!!

Old 02-11-2009, 02:16 AM   #6
nosmatt
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

boy, i had bigfoot just last night, and he was not as good as i had hoped.

sorry, a true hophead i am not i guess. i did love the post tho!
classic.

i will say this loud and clear, this beer (barelywine) is in EVERY way, shape, and form better than arrogant bastard. i think forgot to dry hop it or something.

i am one of the fortunate ones i suppose, living in the sierra nevadas, i see bogfoot everynight!
maybe one day he and I will become freinds, and I will have him over more often.

too hard to keep up with whats in the primary and whatnot.

primary 1 thru 5: beer, or air
secondary: beer, or air
bottle conditioning: lot's of beer

Old 02-11-2009, 02:46 AM   #7
Glibbidy

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That's a nice price where did you pick it up? WRJ?

Old 02-11-2009, 04:15 AM   #8
nosmatt
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

nice price?
$8.00 w sixer is expenive in my parts. rarely does S.N. beer cost that much....

32 a case would be DAMN!!!!!!!!!

but $41.00

wow.

you go boy.

too hard to keep up with whats in the primary and whatnot.

primary 1 thru 5: beer, or air
secondary: beer, or air
bottle conditioning: lot's of beer

Old 02-11-2009, 10:22 AM   #9
brewt00l
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Saw two cases in my local last night....didn't notice the price.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:06 AM   #10
Big10Seaner
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Well, I was 0 for 6 today in my liquor stores around town and surrounding towns.

[B]The End of the Line Brewing
Primary: Saison
Secondary: Nada
On tap: Farm Pond IPA, Airstream Ale, Barn Door Dubbel, Saison, Oktoberfest ale
Bottled: Blackberry mead, RIS

Quick Reply