The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Iron Hill in Maple Shade NJ

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2009, 02:06 AM   #11
Cauldron7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewt00l View Post
8 locations and a website:
Iron Hill Brewery - Home

IIRC, the menus are somewhat different at each location and the individual brewers seem to have a pretty good degree of freedom with what they brew outside of the standard lineup. (West Chester gained a real solid brewer when Larry moved over from North Wales)

Chain? perhaps but it's nothing like say ruby tuesday or TGI McScratchy's. Course, NJ isn't exactly burning down the house with a slew of brewpubs either...

+1 On Larry the new brewer. I was a little skeptical when I hear Chris was moving to NJ, but Im very impressed with Larry. Very Creative!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2009, 04:41 AM   #12
Elfmaze
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

COOL! I'm in Marlton 30mins from there! Haven't had a local brewpub for a while

Old 07-24-2009, 01:19 PM   #13
Elfmaze
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I went here last night. just to check the place out for a quick drink. Honestly I didn't like the layout very much. I think a brew pub should have the brewery with the giant copper plated conicals shown in all their glory.

I was sitting at the bar in the main area, even walked around a bit. Honestly i didn't even think it was a brew pub untill i asked if they brew on premise.

Tucked WAY back in the corner past the "quiet" row of booths was a little glass door leading into the brewery........ Why wouldn't they want to show off there equipment???

Old 07-24-2009, 01:44 PM   #14
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2991 Times on 2945 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Both the locations near me have the ferementers visible as soon as you walk in the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 07-24-2009, 04:40 PM   #15
lebshiff21
Recipes 

I live a block from the one in Phoenixville Tim Stumpf (brewer) is a really nice guy who has offered guidance and help w/ some homebrewing questions I've had. Great beer & food.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:58 AM   #16
Cauldron7
Recipes 

Ive been to many of them. all Ive been to, the brewery is the foacl point of the place. Actually was at West Chester for Happy hour with the wife today. Larry has a beer on tap called "chuck Norris's beard". the only discription is "round house kick to the tongue" . for Christ sake. I would have had it by name aloe, but it tuely is a great beer.

ok.... rambling.....

I do know that they bought all the brewery equipment used from the city (philly). They are from the now defunct independence brewpub. maybe they want to hide it a little because its different then the other sponts? no clue.....

Quick Reply