Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Brew Discussion (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f5/)
-   -   The Hull Brewing Co., New Haven, CT (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f5/hull-brewing-co-new-haven-ct-11035/)

l3lackEyedAngels 07-10-2006 02:10 PM

The Hull Brewing Co., New Haven, CT
 
I heard a few weeks ago that New Haven had a brewery which closed in 1977 know as The Hull Brewing Company. I thought that was pretty cool since I am from West Haven, but I am sad that it doesn't exist anymore. I am wondering if anyone has any records of the company; hopefully some that would descibe the beer it made. It would be really cool to try and ressurect Hull's in a homebrew.

olllllo 07-10-2006 03:38 PM

Know nothing about them but looked them up on ebay.

Hull on Ebay

Looks like thay had some cool labels.

Walker 07-10-2006 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olllllo
Looks like thay had some cool labels.

looks like they had some big bottles, too. All of the labels say "net contents 1 quart".

-walker

Dude 07-10-2006 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olllllo
Know nothing about them but looked them up on ebay.

Hull on Ebay

Looks like thay had some cool labels.

Sorry for the off topic, but man I couldn't help but say "GENIUS" when I saw the text under your user name over there on the left....As the Guinness guys would say, that is BRILLIANT!!!!!!!

Walker 07-10-2006 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude
Sorry for the off topic, but man I couldn't help but say "GENIUS" when I saw the text under your user name over there on the left....As the Guinness guys would say, that is BRILLIANT!!!!!!!

I saw it a few days ago, but is just NOW clicked for me what I was looking at.

Clever.

-walker

olllllo 07-10-2006 05:26 PM

I upgraded from stock to 33's

svudah 07-17-2006 05:29 PM

new england brewing
 
Hey,
Never heard of Hull brewery before, but (and maybe this is obvious) have you heard of New England brewery in Woodbridge. They've been making the Elm City lager for a while now, but I only really started paying attention to them this spring when I discovered their Sea Hag IPA, which is really a wonderful beer to be coming out of the New Haven area.

Check them out,
newenglandbrewing.com

Skipmiller 07-03-2010 01:26 PM

Hull's Export
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by l3lackEyedAngels (Post 103308)
I heard a few weeks ago that New Haven had a brewery which closed in 1977 know as The Hull Brewing Company. I thought that was pretty cool since I am from West Haven, but I am sad that it doesn't exist anymore. I am wondering if anyone has any records of the company; hopefully some that would descibe the beer it made. It would be really cool to try and ressurect Hull's in a homebrew.

Well, if you resurrect Hull's, please go way up-quality. I used to drink Hull's when in college (read: broke) back in the 1960s and that was all we could afford. It was bad beer but we as students didn't mind once we gagged down the first three..... :mug:

-Skip

JOHNNY-1-BOAT 02-07-2014 04:54 AM

Hull's brewing company
 
[

JOHNNY-1-BOAT 02-07-2014 04:58 AM

Hull's brewing company
 
Hull's Export Beer was probably the best beer ever. It was rolled off the loading docks and into bars all over southern New England every day. You couldn't get fresher beer any day of the week than Hull's on tap. Unfortunately, the young jock market was swept away by the dazzle of the 70's TV commercials put out by Michelob, Coors, Heineken, Lowenbrau, Budweiser and others. Hull's simply could no longer compete and essentially became "the old man's beer" in it's waning years. The imposing brick building on Congress Avenue in New Haven has long been demolished. Though a German brewery, many an Irish immigrant worked in the brewery and on the hunter green and gold-lettered trucks that wended their way throughout the state. At one time, Hull's was also the distributor of Guiness Stout.[/SIZE]


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:16 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.