Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Great place in NJ to get great beer!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2006, 02:07 AM   #1
Erbium:YAG
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Great place in NJ to get great beer!

I know we all dream of finding that local liqour store that stocks such a variety of beer, when we walk in, we know we are going to be there for at least half-an-hour (at least I was the first time I walked in). Well, for those of you who are lucky enough to live in the central New Jersey area, such a place exists. It's called Marketplace Liquors in East Brunswick. They're located right off of Arthur Street, off of Route 18 South, next to the A&P. They advertise they have more than 500 different beers. I'm not sure if it's quite that many, maybe a good 250 to 350; but still, how many stores give you that kind of selection? In Belgian beers alone, you will see beers that I guarantee will never be found in your local store. CAUTION! - the beer is not cheap! Expect to pay 3 dollars or more for a 33cl bottle; but if you just want to sample some different beers and get ideas for your next homebrewing adventure, they can't be beat. Included in this selection are alot of American micro brews and they ARE reasonably priced. See my post on Troegs Hop Back Amber Ale, which I picked up today.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2006, 09:38 PM   #2
Eric_Duel
Recipes 

It's a shame that I find that out now. I graduated from Rutgers not too long ago. I was right there!

I'm still only about 1/2 hour away though, I may have to check it out.

Old 09-28-2006, 03:25 PM   #3
Cornfed
Recipes 

Awesome. I'm probably 10-15 minutes away. Looks like a trippy-trip is in order for me this weekend

Old 09-29-2006, 12:59 PM   #4
Toilet Rocker

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Have you guys been to the Buy Rite on Oak Tree Road in Edison? That hands down is the best store that I've been to in NJ. They even have Ommegang's Cave Aged Ommegang and Hennepin. The owner even let us sample Utopias right in the store...

I have to check this Marketplace joint out. Thanks.

When people ask what I do for a living, I say I brew beer. No, not as a profession, but to live.

Quick Reply