Great Lakes Brewing Co.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Richmond Heights and work in South Euclid. Getting together some time after Christmas sounds good to me. Whether it's somewhere local or a field trip to the west side.
Sounds like we have ourselves a plan!

The only Thirsty Dog I've had was their raspberry ale, which I didn't care for. Too much of a strong/artificial raspberry aroma. But I've thought that about most of the commercial raspberry beers I've had.
Try the Old Leghumper, that's pritty good (but skip the 12 Dogs of Christmas)

Sounds like we have ourselves a plan!

Try the Old Leghumper, that's pritty good (but skip the 12 Dogs of Christmas)

A plan for some evening in Jan at La Cave sounds good to me.

I thought Siberian Night (from Thirsty Dog) was a pretty good RIS. I've also heard good things about Hopus Maximus. I need to pick up a few more Thirsty Dogs now that they are brewing their own in Ohio again. Just so many beers to try a so little time. :D

Craig

I'll be around Youngstown/Cleveland/Pittsburgh from about the 27th of December to January 2. Let me know if there's a meet up, and I'll try to make it!

:off:

the 27th or 28th work best for me, though I could probably make some evening during the week after work if its around Coventry. I'm willing to make the effort to meet 'the' Yooper. :)

Anything work for you guitargod or JayC?

Craig

27th or 28th would probably work for me. We'll be doing some traveling for Christmas, but our stockings are still here, so we'll probably be back by they.

After work on a weekday works for me, too. As long as we stay eastside.

Yoopers coming to town! I don't think I'd be this excited if Yuri were coming to my house to build a cold-fusion powered brewery.

So can we all make it to La Cave du Vin at 7PM on Sunday the 28th?

The address for anyone not familiar with the area:
2785 Euclid Heights Blvd.
Cleveland Heights, OH, 44106

I see they have Rodenbach on tap. Definitely something worth trying.

Craig

4-packs are $7.99 at my favorite beer store. Just wondering if anybody's cellared it and what the results were.
I only celered one of them b/c it was too bitter for me ontap when I had it.

So can we all make it to La Cave du Vin at 7PM on Sunday the 28th?

The address for anyone not familiar with the area:
2785 Euclid Heights Blvd.
Cleveland Heights, OH, 44106

I see they have Rodenbach on tap. Definitely something worth trying.

Craig

Their tap selection will very. But yes, I'm in for the 28th at 7. Meet you at the bar!

28th, 7PM, La Cave. All we need now if for Yooper to agree that'll work, but I'm in. :mug:
I'll see you guys there on in two days. If you see this guy, don't be scared, it's me:
crazypassow.jpg

I just talked with CBBaron and I really don't think the youngling that is coming will be any problem at La Cave considering they know me very well there. But if it is a problem then we can always skadadel to The Winking Lizard. So we are still meeting up at La Cave at 7PM tonight.

ok- we'll be there. I'm the little old lady and my daughter is the attractive 19 year old blonde. She may be bringing a friend (he's about 20 or so) so she has someone to talk to on the drive home and during our drinking.

Guitar God- you really thought I was a guy????!!!! LOL!

Back