Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Good VA area beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2007, 02:46 PM   #1
andypantz13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Good VA area beer

Well, I have a friend who is about to leave to VTech for grad school, and he happened to ask if I knew any good microbrews in the area. To my shame I knew none, so I turn to you guys. Any suggestions?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

There's pretty much nothing down Blacksburg way...just a bunch of bars. Hokie House has a great happy hour though...$2 for a huge mug.

If he wants to come to Charlottesville (2 hours away), we've got South Street Brewery, Starr Hill, and a new place owned and op'd by the guy who used to brew for South Street, called Blue Mountain Brewery and Hop Farm...still under construction, but he should be open for business by October 1.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 08-08-2007, 05:30 PM   #3
Jester
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan!
There's pretty much nothing down Blacksburg way...just a bunch of bars. Hokie House has a great happy hour though...$2 for a huge mug.

If he wants to come to Charlottesville (2 hours away), we've got South Street Brewery, Starr Hill, and a new place owned and op'd by the guy who used to brew for South Street, called Blue Mountain Brewery and Hop Farm...still under construction, but he should be open for business by October 1.
Sounds like I need to go back to charlottesville for a trip... Havent been there in a few years, but when I lived there I never made it to Starr Hill... had there beer a few times, but never got to go check it out in person... These were the times before I started brewing...

Old 08-08-2007, 05:49 PM   #4
98EXL

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

he needs to play bar golf down in blacksburg.....I'd play, but that means I'd have to go see my brother and SIL all the time

I'm back!!!

Quick Reply