Getting your Drink On?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SA Octoberfest here, with 3 two hearted IPA's and an Arrogant Bastard in the fridge. :rockin:

I'm trying to finish off some New Belgium Trippel. God damn I might as well be eating a handful of cloves.

Bought a sixer of Bass, Abita Turbodog, New Belgium 1554, and mixed sam adams (craft pack?). Unfortunately, we enjoyed them too much saturday and I don't exactly remember the specifics of each of them......

How'd you like em? I've only had the whirlwind on draught at one place and found it rather bland. Yeti and 60m OTOH quite tasty.

Drinking commercial brews? What kind of homebrewer are you anyway, Cheese? I mean, once in awhile, sure, why not...but come on...

I have the following beers to choose from right now.

1) Fat Tire Trippel
2) Alaskan ESB
3) Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale
4) Samuel Adams Octoberfest
5) Falling Timber Chainsaw IPA (Homebrew)

Personally I have had some shxxty luck with commercial beers lately. I bought the Buffalo Bills, because it's America's First Pumpkin Ale. What a watery pile of crxp. It's got good pumpkin pie spice flavor, added to carbonated water. There is no pumpkin at all.

The Alaskan ESB is way overcarbonated.

I had a St. Peter's Cream Stout (England) a couple nights ago that had the typical imported flavor I've had in all but one imported beer. (Maybe it's sat too long or been exposed to temp extremes?).

I've only had one bottle of the Octoberfest and it wasn't as good as I remember it being last year.

Luckily my IPA rocks, IMO and the Fat Tire Trippel is damn good.

Latest posts

Back