Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Friday Night Tastings

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2007, 12:58 PM   #21
LouT
Can't wait to go AG...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Good point, too -- yeah, everyone can probably reasonably find Sam Adams, SNPA, Smuttynose, etc. but most have already tried the mainstream micros, so this would be tough unless everyone purchased identical memberships to a beer of the month club or something...
I was in one of those, jeez probably 10 + years ago, they are pretty expensive from what I remember.

Primary - California Common -finally!
Secondary - nothing, back after year plus hiatus
Keg carbing & conditioning - nada
Drinking - store bought: Loose Cannon IPA, Wachusett IPA.
On deck: Trying to decide (beer); wine kit likely (red wine)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2007, 08:57 PM   #22
Madtown Brew
Recipes 

No need for everyone to drink the same beer. The main intention I had for starting this thread was to put down a sort of "one stop" database for HBT member's beer reviews.

One thing we could try is to pick a BJCP style category and have everyone try to get beers that belong to that style. At least it would be somewhat consistent then. If I get some favorable responses to this idea tonight I'll start a new thread with a poll to decide this weeks style.

I am all for a friday night beer club. In fact, I had hoped that something of the sort might arise from this thread. For one thing, it could potentially help me a lot in identifying flavors that myself or others can't describe.

Anyone got any suggestions for a cool club/thread name?

flanders red
Kegged:
Oktoberfest

Old 10-25-2007, 09:24 PM   #23
Madtown Brew
Recipes 

Well... seems as though interest is marginal at best. So I'm just going to start things off with an OP arbitration.

BJCP style catgory for tomorrow's FNT (10/26) will be category 13 - stout (all subcategories). I've deliberately left it broad so that everyone should be able to find something that they might like.

Again, feel free to join the chat room tomorrow evening. I should be in there sometime between 5-7pm central.

Cheers

flanders red
Kegged:
Oktoberfest

Old 10-25-2007, 09:25 PM   #24
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madtown Brew
Well... seems as though interest is marginal at best. So I'm just going to start things off with an OP arbitration.

BJCP style catgory for tomorrow's FNT (10/26) will be category 13 - stout (all subcategories). I've deliberately left it broad so that everyone should be able to find something that they might like.

Again, feel free to join the chat room tomorrow evening. I should be in there sometime between 5-7pm central.

Cheers
Can we make it a bit later? Those of us with wee ones might not be able to get in the chatroom till 9 or 10.
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:01 PM   #25
Madtown Brew
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood
Can we make it a bit later? Those of us with wee ones might not be able to get in the chatroom till 9 or 10.

Well, I can do anytime tomorrow. I'm staying in because I need to work on a halloween costume (remaking the body for the Bender head posted previously). Other weeks may be harder for me because the GF likes to go out on Fridays. 9 pm shouldn't be too difficult though. Hardest thing will be to hold off on drinking the good stuff until then, which is why I usually do it right when I get home from work.

9 it is then, unless there are numerous objections from others. Hell, loser(see: beer dork) that I am, I'll probably be in there all evening anyway.
flanders red
Kegged:
Oktoberfest

Old 10-26-2007, 04:24 AM   #26
PseudoChef

Recipes 

Liked 102 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 39

I'm brewing tomorrow, so I'll definitely be in chat.

Don't have any stouts on hand, though...and already went to the store for the weekend's brews. Either way, I'll be entertaining.

Quick Reply