Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Flossmoor Station

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2006, 09:40 PM   #1
Rhoobarb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Flossmoor Station

I'm going to Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery this Saturday night (1/7). This will be my second time there. It is one of the better brewpubs in the region, maybe the best in the Chicago area, along with Goose Island. They took three bronze medals at the 2005 GABF in Denver. I highly recommend the place. Their Pullman Nut Brown Ale is excellent!

Combines two of my loves - beer and trains!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2006, 05:55 PM   #2
Rhoobarb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to urge anyone in or visting the Chicago area to try and get to this place! I think the beers are better now than when I went this time last year! I really want to go again this weekend! (And I just might!)

Our favorite was a seasonal - Angry Mike's Stoudt Creek. It won a Gold Medal at the Festival of Wood and Barrel-aged Beer in Chicago last fall. It is a big beer (7% ABV) based on their Iron Horse Stout and aged on cherries in an oak barrel formerly used to age white wine.

Don't let the cherries put you off - I do not care for cherry anything, but this ale, served in a 12 oz. snifter, is perfect for a cold evening! It has a nice, mellow warming effect going down. After we finished out samplers, it was all my girlfriend drank all night!

The Pullman Nut Brown Ale was as excellent as I remembered it from my last visit. And their Panama Limited Red Ale is what I've been trying to get my hoppy red ales to taste like - perfect!

If we ever get a meeting of Chicago area members of this forum, this place gets my vote! It is easily accessable via the Metra Electric line, so you can avoid drinking and driving!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply