Well, now that the GABF for this year is finished, I'm curious what beers everybody else had that they thought were outstanding or exceptional.
The winners list is available here.
Going back to my notes on my crackberry, I was really impressed with the following beers:
- Great Divide's Espresso / cask aged Yeti RIS
- Red Brick Brewing's bourbon-aged brown ale, which had a great vanilla note.
- Il Vicino (Albuquerque) St. Bob's RIS
- Trinity Brewing's TPS Report, a 100% brett ale
- Every sour beer from Cascade brewing, but especially the Apricot Ale.
My favorite, hands down, was not served at the festival, but on Saturday evening at the Falling Rock Taphouse. Black Folie is a collaboration between New Belgium and Redstone Meadery. It's reported to be a 48/52 blend of Redstone mead and NBB's La Folie Flanders-style ale. Wow. I was simply blown away by this beverage.
What about you other attendees? What did you like? What did you hate?