Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > dog fish head 120 not right?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2009, 01:36 AM   #1
bendavanza
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default dog fish head 120 not right?

The first DFH 120 I drank was "amazing" I thought I had gone to hop heaven. Then I needed a glass of water. I've had a few more since then (not that same day!). It's over the top, for sure, but I like it. Sort of like hop schnapps. The last 2 bottles I've opened (from different sources) tasted more like a barleywine, and kind of sour like a belgian double. I tasted very little if any hop aroma. A local tavern has it on draft, maybe they'll let me have a sample before ordering a $15 pint. I wonder if some of these bottles have been handled improperly, or of they changed their recipe from when I had it a couple years ago, or if they do not age well. The bottles state that it ages well.
comments? suggestions? ideas?
-Ben

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2009, 02:20 AM   #2
enderwig
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

When a beer ages, the first thing to drop off is hop aroma. I would assume that you got some older bottles and they have just lost some of their hoppyness.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply