Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Corsendonk Abbey Pale - what's that flavor???

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
Bad Influence
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Corsendonk Abbey Pale - what's that flavor???

OK, so I drank a few of these last night (a good reason to not post this question after the third one!).

I get one overwhelming flavor when I drink the stuff - Earl Grey tea.

Would I surmise that the flavor is from orange peel? I thought a good deal of the flavor in Earl Grey was oil of bergamont, but......

Just curious I really like Ommegang, but if I can put the fine touches on what I like in Corsendonk, with what I like in Ommegang..... I think I can have a kickass ale.

Thanx,

Jonathan

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
carnevoodoo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I could see the combination of esters you get from a beer like this giving off a bergamot orange. I don't know that a beer like that would actually use orange peel, but the yeast is likely to throw all kinds of fruit and phenolic compounds.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply