Coors Light Iced T

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahahaha , what the F.... Maybe the Mayans were right...

LOL

Coors is rolling out Coors Light Iced T in Canada, with a likely roll out to the US. Apparently they are miffed that liquor sales are up thanks to an expansion in the flavored liquors products (like the marshmallow and whipped cream-flavored vodkas).

This new "Iced-Tea Beer" (as the Wall Street Journal calls it) is gong to be "citrus-like" with 4% ABV and no caffeine.

I read about it in the WSJ this morning but I found this link to a similar story about it: http://blog.oregonlive.com/thebeerhere/2012/03/coors_light_iced_t_theres_an_i.html

The story also mentioned that Boston Beer co. owns Twisted Tea and it's been big business for them. I've never had it so I don't know if it's good. I've never seen people drink any of those alcoholic teas and pre-mixed liquor and cola drinks except underage drinkers and people right around 21.

It also said AB InBev in April is going to release a "19th Hole Light Tea" and Lemonade under the Michelob Ultra label to the American market.

I guess I don't understand these alcoholic tea beverages. I really don't understand why I would want tea that tastes like Coors Light. Anybody tried similar products? Any reason why they are superior to adding vodka to a glass of tea?

Oooo!!! I can't wait for the Coke 'a Cola Porter! It's going to be LEGENDARY!

Reminds me of those pre-mixed jack and coke things they used to (or still do) sell. I haven't had one in about ten years. They were nasty as hell.

Someone gave me a case of those horrible things years ago. At first I thought it was a cool idea since I like a Jack and Coke every now and then. It was a truly foul beverage. I couldn't get any of my friends to drink more than one. The rest of that case went down the drain.

While on the topic of these "flavored malt beverages," how the hell do they make clear malt based beverages (like Zima, or the base for Mike's hard lime)? Are they making beer, distilling, adding high fructose corn syrup and food coloring? Or is there some magic way to make clear beer that I have never heard of?

Actually, the twisted tea is pretty good. Awesome drink for a BBQ on a hot summer day when a dry beer is not high on my list of drink priorities. Can only have a few because the sugar eventually gets to you, but it hits the spot when you're craving one.

If they sold an alcoholic version of the Arnold Palmer that Arizona puts out, it would probably do very well. The "citrus-like" comment makes me think it will be something like this.

Teromous said:
If they sold an alcoholic version of the Arnold Palmer that Arizona puts out, it would probably do very well. The "citrus-like" comment makes me think it will be something like this.

image-2484592079.jpg

They do.

I never knew that Boston Beer had Twisted Tea. I will be honest, I used to brink it when I was about 21-22 and they are tastey. Basically tastes just like an Arnold Palmer without the booze. After you have 2 though its an acid bomb in your stomach.
Isn't it a little late to be trying to bring another "Malt-ernative" onto the market?
Just trick people into drinking beer, and they won't have to worry about this weird new stuff.

Wouldn't that be a John Daly?

I guess the only thing I can think of is Jeremiah Weed, which isnt bad, but I see this only being disgusting

Just the Mega-Beer companies scrapping the barrel for a 'new' product instead of just making quality beer.

Wouldn't that be a John Daly?

It is...

But HOT DAMN I love Arizona teas. Where can I get an alcoholic Arnie?

Also, OT, Coors Light Iced T.... gross. Is this a market they're trying to destroy like Bud destroyed the caffeine+beer market with "B to the E"?

So up here in british Columbia Canada they came out with the coors light iced t and well I tasted it and it's pretty good.. Definite summer drink.. So I bought a couple cases of and went to a friends. Good drinking then after 4 of em... Boom !! Bloating and stomach pain like crazy... Took 5 tums and helped it a bit but ruined the night.. Thought it was the food.. So 2 more occasions and I drink iced t again and same thing !!! I'm currently on the toilet trying I rid my pain right now from this dam ice t.. Never again !!! Drink coors light iced t

Bought a six pack of this last night..........there are 4 bottles left this morning and 2 half full glasses. I have a wide range of taste when it comes to beer but trying to drink this was taste bud torture. Im going to be handing out the last 4 bottles off my balcony to passer byes will to accept them.

Tastes like ass. Someone handed me a can and I started drinking it. The start was the end.

I think they were all :drunk: when the planned this release out.

Oooo!!! I can't wait for the Coke 'a Cola Porter! It's going to be LEGENDARY!
-------------------
actually a porter with some kind of coke essense- minus the sweetness- sounds pretty good...

I think this is actually a pretty good product.

It's a lot less iced-tea-like than you'd think, and when drank out of a glass it's awesome. Very refreshing and something good to have out on the deck in the sun when you don't want to get a buzz. I HATE Coors Light, but this is different. Carbonation is also spot-on. Pretty good actually.

Basically it's like someone took a tasteless Coors Light and added some lemon aroma to it, and then a little bit of tea. Started to fade when it got warm near the end though, luckily this is something best consumed cold and fast.

Plus, it's acronym is C.L.I.T. Can't beat that! Give it a try, you might be surprised at what you like. I know I was.

Yeah. I's try a Coca~Cola Porter. And if I can get a single of this C.L.I.T (HA!) I'll try it too.

What is good in iced tea is Skeeter Pee. Try that. :tank:

Back