Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Commercial beers that let you down?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 02:17 AM   #121
jonmohno
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 410 Times on 361 Posts
Likes Given: 1193

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover556 View Post
I agree. To me Stella tastes like skunk water! Id rather drink cheap malt liquer than a Stella.
Try it in a can once. I hated it in bottle,having it at home poured from a can was a better experience,at least for me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 02:42 AM   #122
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2663 Times on 2074 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by morticus
I will have to give it a try. I'm always down to try any beer at least once. I don't mind chinooks, but prefer simcoe. I'm mainly a Rogue and Deschutes fan.
See that's funny because I think Rogue makes some funky beers. A like some of them, but others are just wack. They should be brought up on criminal charges for the Voodoo Doughnut.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:52 AM   #123
morticus
Recipes 

Liked 94 Times on 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber

See that's funny because I think Rogue makes some funky beers. A like some of them, but others are just wack. They should be brought up on criminal charges for the Voodoo Doughnut.
Yes agreed. I haven't tried the Voodoo Doughnut beer, and don't have to, to know its probably gross. But I love their Dead Guy, and Hazelnut Nectar. I think my all time favorite beer is their Mogul Madness.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:06 AM   #124
bottlebomber
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by morticus

Yes agreed. I haven't tried the Voodoo Doughnut beer, and don't have to, to know its probably gross. But I love their Dead Guy, and Hazelnut Nectar. I think my all time favorite beer is their Mogul Madness.
Dead Guy is excellent. I haven't been able to try those others you mentioned. I've seen the hazelnut nectar, I'll have to grab it next time. I've been wanting to try the double dead guy.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:12 AM   #125
Evan_L
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
You'd probably like the 12.21.12. I'm not a huge stone fan either and since I hate Chinook hops I'm not crazy about AB or DB but I did really enjoy that beer.
Ahhh forgot about this one. Had seen the 12.12.12 online and finally found it in the local packy, what a bummer. Great idea but the roasted pepper flavor just didn't sit well with me. I can see how someone else might be totally about it but it's not my bag.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:16 AM   #126
morticus
Recipes 

Liked 94 Times on 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber

Dead Guy is excellent. I haven't been able to try those others you mentioned. I've seen the hazelnut nectar, I'll have to grab it next time. I've been wanting to try the double dead guy.
Not sure where you're from but you usually can't Mogul Madness at the store. Lately Ive only been able to find it at Rogues Brewery. There might be some bottle shops that carry it. It's an awesome winter ale that I think rivals Deschutes Jubelale.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:29 AM   #127
dienst
Recipes 

Any Sam Adams beer. I don't like their use of hops. I have tried their seasonals and can't find one that I would want to have.

Stella in the green bottles always tastes skunky to me.

Imports don't have the same taste that they had near the brewery. I refuse to drink beer imported from Europe because it is either old or improperly stored and transported.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #128
bottlebomber
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_L
Ahhh forgot about this one. Had seen the 12.12.12 online and finally found it in the local packy, what a bummer. Great idea but the roasted pepper flavor just didn't sit well with me. I can see how someone else might be totally about it but it's not my bag.
No not the Vertical Epic, the Enjoy By IPA. I had the 11.11.11 Vertical Epic, the Anaheim chili one and I agree that it was nasty. I had to almost put a clothespin on my nose to choke it down. This is the one:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/84596

Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #129
drainbamage
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 453 Times on 289 Posts
Likes Given: 822

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
No not the Vertical Epic, the Enjoy By IPA. I had the 11.11.11 Vertical Epic, the Anaheim chili one and I agree that it was nasty. I had to almost put a clothespin on my nose to choke it down. This is the one:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/84596
I haven't had the 11-11-11 yet (got a bottle aging), but I haven't been able to enjoy a single chili beer yet. Something about the mouthfeel combined with the heat just doesn't sit well with me (comes off too oily...or something). Which is weird, considering I could (and usually do) eat spicy food every day.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #130
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hello?

Quick Reply