Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Canadian big boys jumping on the craft bandwagon now too. Eh?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
Zymurgrafi
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default Canadian big boys jumping on the craft bandwagon now too. Eh?

Was at the grocery store last night and spied an unfamiliar 12 pack from a distance. Oh, something new! Hurried over to find Labbatts Heritage pack? It had a "classic lager" "red amber lager" and a porter. Not really anything I want to try, too much good beer out there, but interesting to see.

Since they have been owned by InBev since the mid nineties (if I am not mistaken) I suppose Inbev is responsible for this trend? Inbev owns Bud and now we a have American Ale and Michelob "craft" beers.

sláinte!

Bristle Bros. Brewing

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2008, 02:59 PM   #2
Parker36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Maybe InBev, but American Ale was going to come out before the InBev takeover happened. I think it has more to do with the microbrew industry and Sam Adams getting so much bigger every year, the big companies are trying to get some of their customers back with "premium" beers

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply