Bud/Miller/Coors - Which one would you pick?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since we’ve thrown taste completely out the window as a factor…I’d have to go with the emotional factor and say Miller (High Life).

Just cuz Dad does…being from La Crosse, WI and all.

I'd have to say Coors. I haven't had one in years, but I remember it seeming cleaner than M or B, with a soft foamy head. Actually, a cold can of Coors while working in the yard on a hot, hot day...doesn't sound half bad!

I was working late a few months ago, and ordered some dinner in. Noticed a six pack of High-Life in the fridge, and thought "Why not?" One sip, and I knew why not. To me Miller has a cloying, sickly-cheap sweetness that I just can't tolerate. Down the sink it went.

orfy said:
Not sure. I don't drink them so don't know what they are like.

I've drank cheap canned bitter though.

I remember that stuff... used to get it from the Kwik Save in Oswestry. I think it had 3% ABV, if that. You get what you pay for, but it's still better than BMC. When faced with only BMC, I go with wine or liquor. I just can't do BMC... not that there's anything wrong with it. ;)

I can't tell the difference between the three. All I care is that it isn't canned. I can't stand canned beer.

Meh, I'd get me some Yuengling.

Cheap, and much better than any BMC.

I know I didn't answer the question correctly, but all three of those make me feel nasty, so I'd just start drinking liquor or something.

Everything seems more enjoyable now that I pour my beer into a glass, it also goes down faster and gives me no gas. I have bought and drank all three in the same day, and maybe a few other unmentionables (Natural Ice). I have like 7 places to buy New Castle all within a mile or less of me. Never again.

I work for Budweiser and I would still pick Miller. (I know I'm gonna get **** for admitting that.) I saw something in someone's sig about having Bud Light analysied and finding out your dog was pregnant with diabetes and about shat myself with laughter. Also if I wanted to drink something that tasted like water (aka Coors Light) I would trip over my ****** heading for the sink. IMO.
-Drew

1st-Around here, you order a lager, you'll get a Yuengling.
2nd-SWMBO will occasionally drink a Coors Light
3rd-Haven't had a PBR in years...

I abhor Budweiser products. I only drank some Bud Select longnecks yesterday 'cuz one of the poker guys bought it.

Miller High Life is my standby and session beer. It's cheap, still tastes somewhat like malts and water (but not really like hops), and doesn't give me too bad of a hangover.

In fact, I'd wager that of all the swill-level BMC's, I think High Life leaves the least hangover of all of them. Budweiser though... My head pounds just thinking about some of the rough mornings I've had.

I had some Miller Chill this summer while I was down in Phoenix for a week. It was about 112 in the shade, and we spent most of our time floating in the pool. That stuff went down pretty easy, but other than that, I refuse to touch any of that crap.

Even when I first started drinking back in highschool :drunk: and college, I would not touch that stuff. About the lowest I will go is Henrys. It is not too bad. Their Summer Wheat that has now been repackaged as Belgian Wheat, is pretty good, for a mass produced barley pop.

Okay, here is my insight on this one:

At Mom and Dad's: Corona and Lime or Coors Light

At station: Natural Light or Bud Light

At home: Natural Light or Home Brew

Out on the town: Ranges from Guiness to Corona and anything in between, especially Micro-brewerys.

Out on a limb: Anything that is considered an exotic beer at the store: (ie: anything over $7.00 a six pack) Not sure why I spend that kinda cash for some that are crap, but I guess I like to experiment.

:mug: I drink PBR if I'm buying from the store, Michelob at the local bar, variety of micro brews if I'm out of town.:mug:

I can't believe how many other people on here like PBR. I used to catch a lot of $hit for drinking PBR back in the day. Every now and then I can find it in the 12oz bottles. It ain't bad ice cold!:mug:

That being said, I'd probably have to live the High Life on my deserted island

bob

brett said:
I'm impressed how many people like high life!

Me too. I kinda thought admitting that would surely lead to castration, demotion in EAC rank, or possibly even ker-BANNED!

Then again. High Life has actually won a number of awards. From das Wikipedia, "High Life beat out 17 other contestants to take home the gold medal in "American-style Lagers" at the 2002 World Beer Cup."

rdwj said:
I'd go Miller. For some reason Bud gives me a wicked headache every time I drink it. Coors would be my 2nd choice.

Busch products induce nausea for me sooner than any other brand I've tried.

Given a choice between Bud, Miller, and Coors, I would pick Miller High Life. It's still only the lesser of three evils and it does taste like corn and rice, but it does have some semblence of flavor and I don't need dramamine to get it down. If PBR was an option, that would be my #1 instead of Miller.

I'd go back to wine or liquor unless Blue Moon counts since Coors bought them out.

Most all that BMC crap just gives me a terrible headache and were causing me stomach problems. Those rot gut beers are the reason I quit drinking beer.

Man, you guys must not drink enough. I live in Louisiana now, and when you go out to the bars you don't get a big selection. I love my homebrew and micro brews, but when I really want to do some drinking at the bars it is Coors Light.

I grew up on Miller, grew up big and strong.....

I'd take an Old Style though....does that count?

Okay... a 40 of icehouse it is, straight from the paper bag.... thats how i roll!

Back