Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Breckenridge Small batch 471 Double Hopped IPA

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 02:28 AM   #1
silver02ws6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Breckenridge Small batch 471 Double Hopped IPA

Im really hung up on IPA's right now, just picked up a 6 pack of this tonight and it was worth the money. Great IPA, IMO. Very smooth yet highly hopped. Reminds me alot of Stone IPA with less pine scent, and less bite.

Just my .02

What are some other good IPA's to try for those of you that enjoy them.

Austin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2007, 03:15 AM   #2
Willsellout

Recipes 

I just started liking really hoppy beers. I bought a 6 pack of Deschutes Inversion IPA and really like it. My next brew is probably going to be an IPA if I can get my AG stuff together.

Dan

Secondary One-Empty
Secondary Two-Empty

On Tap: Hobgoblin, Coffee Stout
Bottled: Arrogant Bastard clone, Summit IPA, Apfelwein

Old 02-09-2007, 05:11 AM   #3
Brewtopia
"Greenwood Aged Beer"
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts

Where are you at Silver02ws6?(Not sure if your real name is Austin or if your from Austin) This would help in determining what IPAs are available in your area. My favorites are Pliny the Elder (only available in California, Philadelphia and Washington DC), Boundary Bay IPA (only available in Washington (state)), Stone IPA, Alesmith IPA, Terminal Gravity IPA (Oregon), Mia & Pia's IPA (Oregon) Rogue I2PA, Big Time Decade IPA (Seattle)

Old 02-09-2007, 05:14 AM   #4
Brewtopia
"Greenwood Aged Beer"
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts

Hey Willsellout, have you made it to Pelican in Pacific City? Phenominal IPA (Great beers across the board really) and great food.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:54 AM   #5
Torchiest

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver02ws6
Im really hung up on IPA's right now, just picked up a 6 pack of this tonight and it was worth the money. Great IPA, IMO. Very smooth yet highly hopped. Reminds me alot of Stone IPA with less pine scent, and less bite.

Just my .02

What are some other good IPA's to try for those of you that enjoy them.

Austin
Thanks for that. I've been debating trying it, and that description sounds pretty close to what I've liked best in IPAs. I'd highly recommend Pyramid Thunderhead IPA, if you haven't already tried it. Very tasty, and it's becoming my standby beer when I don't want an 8-9% ABV beer, which seems to be everything else I buy at the store.
#48 Black Helicopter Porter #49 Pikemen Porter
Up Next:
#50 Imperious IPA
#51 Razz Buried

Old 02-09-2007, 01:53 PM   #6
silver02ws6
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewtopia
Where are you at Silver02ws6?(Not sure if your real name is Austin or if your from Austin) This would help in determining what IPAs are available in your area. My favorites are Pliny the Elder (only available in California, Philadelphia and Washington DC), Boundary Bay IPA (only available in Washington (state)), Stone IPA, Alesmith IPA, Terminal Gravity IPA (Oregon), Mia & Pia's IPA (Oregon) Rogue I2PA, Big Time Decade IPA (Seattle)

Yeah Austin is the real name. I live in kentucky. Im fairly new to beer so im still expanding my horizons. I know that I can get Rouge, however i have never seen the 12PA but i will be on the lookout.

Ther is a liqour barn about 20 minutes up the interstate from me that has somewhere around 6-700 different beers on the shelf. It will take me a while to try everything. Right now im just trying to get all the IPA's down.

Austin

Quick Reply