Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Chance to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > bought a six pack of....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2007, 06:30 AM   #11
westerntrout
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

local store is now stocking completely enclosed half racks of newcastle, ahhh good!

for me it seems to come down to the hop selection, and the hops used in most BMC beer is disgusting even at their low hopping rate

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2007, 01:24 PM   #12
JnJ
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I like it better on tap, but it's still good from the bottle to me.

Töpperwein Brewery

Old 12-01-2007, 07:11 PM   #13
Danny013
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I love Newcastle! The trick is to buy the 12 packs that are enclosed and can't get skunked.

Old 01-01-2008, 01:42 AM   #14
Mustangfreak
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Ok, I set out my last bottle on the counter to let it warm up a little, and it deff tastes better! I'll buy again as long as its in an enclosed case.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:25 PM   #15
landhoney

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2brew
Of course I just had an SA Cranberry Lambic, and I'm still pondering the possibility of calling poison control, as this stuff might do damage to me if I have to taste it again on the way back up, yet I can't believe it's doing me anything beneficial while it stains my innards with bad yogurt vileness...
I can't decide which is worse; the beer itself, or the fact that they call it Lambic!

Old 01-01-2008, 02:49 PM   #16
niquejim
Burrowing Owl Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by landhoney
I can't decide which is worse; the beer itself, or the fact that they call it Lambic!
Everyone slams SA, but that beer is the one that made me try other styles. It's not the best but without it I would have never tried Roddenbach and that would be truly sad

Old 01-01-2008, 03:17 PM   #17
SuperiorBrew
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I bought my first 6 pack of Newkies last week, I thought it was pretty good, something a little different. I even looked up the clone recipe but when I saw it was a blend of two beers I decided I didnt like enough to go thru all that work. It wasnt even a 50/50 blend it was like 2/5 of one brew and 3/5 of the other.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:02 PM   #18
Orfy
For the love of beer!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Most pubs in the UK sell NBA in bottles from the fridge. It is my port in a storm if they do not sell Real Ale.
No way does it taste like Bud ice. (Must admit I've never had bud ice but I have had Bud.) It's seved Ice cold but I let it warm up a bit before drinking. Its not a big malt thick bodied brew but it's got a nice sweet flavour to it.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:05 AM   #19
landhoney

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by niquejim
Everyone slams SA, but that beer is the one that made me try other styles. It's not the best but without it I would have never tried Roddenbach and that would be truly sad
I'm not 'slamming' SA, I just really don't like the beer or the fact that they call it a Lambic. It's not a Lambic at all, its a cranberry wheat(W-68 ale yeast) beer. And if I'm not mistaken, SA is the only American brewery making a beer and calling it Lambic.

To me, this is like American(or other) winemakers calling their sparkling wine 'Champagne' when it's not. Why must you associate your sparkling wine with Champagne? Afraid it won't sell labeled as sparkling wine?

Quick Reply