Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Big Dog Brewery

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2007, 06:06 AM   #1
sause
Steel Comma Ale & Lagery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default Big Dog Brewery

When I was out helping my brother move to Las Vegas we stopped by a Local Brew Pub called the Big Dog Draft House. I tried the sampler which was your choice of five out of about eleven beers. I pick out the Klosch comma Mai Bock comma Red Ale comma Belgian Dubble comma and their Impieral IPA. The Kolsch was good it didn't have the hop bitterness I'm use to in my Pilsners but the hop flavor was there. The Mai Bock was too sweet for my taste but I haven't had a Mai Bock I liked yet. The Red Ale was good comma it was sweet like a brown with enough hops to come close to balancing out. The Dubble was also sweet and they must have fermented this one at a really high temp. because the esters were out of control and you could taste the alcohol. The IIPA was fantastic though one of the better ones I've had comma it had a real malt back bone and the hops to make your tounge sit at the of your mouth.

The food their is also very good. And for you cheese heads it's a Wisconsin bar.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2007, 01:29 AM   #2
PurdyGood
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Excellent! Headed to Vegas this weekend! Anyone know anything about the other brewpubs there? I've heard good things about Ellis Island Brewery... Thanks

Old 06-20-2007, 01:14 PM   #3
PurdyGood
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

oh, I've also heard that the Ellis Island place has pints for a buck or something like that. Anyone know anything about that? Is it true? False? And why do they put a place called Ellis Island Brewery in the middle of the freaking desert?

Quick Reply