Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Bell's Oberon at Target?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2012, 12:39 AM   #1
mobly99
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Bell's Oberon at Target?

Freaked me out. First off I went to Target to get Mario Party 9 for the kid.

I walk in the store and the thing is a freaking grocery store. I know that a lot of Targets have groceries, but I was just at this one a few months ago and it was a normal Target and now it is half groceries and everything is moved in the store.

Anyway, I notice they have beer so i go check out the selection. Mostly BMC... and Bell's Oberon Ale. I snagged a 6 and am enjoying one now. I did manage to get the kid's game too.

Primary: Revelation Cream Ale
On Tap: Red Skies at Night, LHB Blond Ale, 224? Suburban Wheat Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2012, 03:20 AM   #2
PistolsAtDawn
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Wal Mart sells DFH 90 Minute now. Craft beer is in demand!

Old 04-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
TriForceGuy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

I just took a trip to KS; I brought along a 12-pack of Oberon with me for my ladyfriend that lives there. She quite enjoyed it.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

The "Beer Wars" beersnobs want to whine about the Three Tier Distribution System, and how BMC supposedly squeezes out the craft brew industry, yadda yadda booring yadda, YET over the last 5-10 years, I find more craft beers and Micros in my local stores, INCLUDING big box stores like Kroger's and Meijer, than I do BMC beers.

Kroger's are now even doing mixed single sixers for 8.99, that usually has DFH, Bell's, Great Lakes Brewing Company, Full Sail brewing company and Southern Tier.

Even the little seedy liquor store down the street from me, has a great selection of craft and micros, more coolers devoted to them than BMC.

Both Distributors and retailers know there's money to be made selling craft beer, especially since they retail usually for MORE than a sixer of Bud, they're not going to let anyone squeeze out a source of revenue.

Maybe the whiners need to wipe the tears of snobby indignation out of their eyes, and actually look at the shelves of the stores around them, they MIGHT be surprised at the plethora of good beer out there.

I find it so amusing how downright indignant some folks are about the beer industry....while their sipping on some expensive micro or important beer......

That bottle of Orval or Tres Pistoles wasn't "muled" into the country shoved up the keister of some pregnant dutch teenager like a gram of heroin in a condom. It came into the country and ended up in their fridge through this supposed horrible distribution system. If you were able to buy a beer other than BMC in a store, then the system isn't as bad as they think.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 04-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
mobly99

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'm in a very working class area so most places other than liquor stores have been slow to catch on to micros, but the tides are starting to turn, which is a good thing. I'd rather spend my money locally.

Primary: Revelation Cream Ale
On Tap: Red Skies at Night, LHB Blond Ale, 224? Suburban Wheat Ale

Old 04-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
HOGIE888
Recipes 

I enjoy most Bell's products, however, this year's Oberon is not very good. Last year, it rocked. I will be up in Michigan next weekend, and hope that I can get my hands on a 6'r or two of ......HS

Old 04-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
pantherbrew
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Default Bells to expensive

Let me start by saying Oberon used to be my favorite beer and I still enjoy it. I walked into a local supermarket in Michigan less that 45 min from Bells and it was 14.99 a six pack. I have no problem paying for good year, but no way is Oberon worth that (in my opinion). I used to have alot of respect for Bells, but over the last 5-6 years the price keeps climbing and climbing. Still have some nice beers to enjoy.

Primary- Working on new brew area
Secondary-
Kegged- Kolsch
Kegged-
Bottled-
Next Brew - Rasberry Wheat.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
TyTanium
Recipes 

Liked 549 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
That bottle of Orval or Tres Pistoles wasn't "muled" into the country shoved up the keister of some pregnant dutch teenager like a gram of heroin in a condom.
Where do you come up with this stuff?

Old 05-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #9
Maddoghoek
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Both Distributors and retailers know there's money to be made selling craft beer, especially since they retail usually for MORE than a sixer of Bud, they're not going to let anyone squeeze out a source of revenue.
One of my favorite things about living in NH and being a beer person is that even though I live 20 miles away from a Budweiser plant, they don't dominate the shelves at my local Walmart. Because there are a ton of local craft brews they can fill the shelves with for better margins. Hell, my local grocery store sells Allagash Curieux in the cold wine fridge. Does BMC have huge shelf space outside the fridge? Yes. But the cooler has much more craft beer then BMC. Alot of times my grocery store gives floor space to craft seasonal beers because they sell so well.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #10
True_Sycko
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
The "Beer Wars" beersnobs want to whine about the Three Tier Distribution System, and how BMC supposedly squeezes out the craft brew industry, yadda yadda booring yadda, YET over the last 5-10 years, I find more craft beers and Micros in my local stores, INCLUDING big box stores like Kroger's and Meijer, than I do BMC beers.

Kroger's are now even doing mixed single sixers for 8.99, that usually has DFH, Bell's, Great Lakes Brewing Company, Full Sail brewing company and Southern Tier.

Even the little seedy liquor store down the street from me, has a great selection of craft and micros, more coolers devoted to them than BMC.

Maybe the whiners need to wipe the tears of snobby indignation out of their eyes, and actually look at the shelves of the stores around them, they MIGHT be surprised at the plethora of good beer out there.

I find it so amusing how downright indignant some folks are about the beer industry....while their sipping on some expensive micro or important beer......

That bottle of Orval or Tres Pistoles wasn't "muled" into the country shoved up the keister of some pregnant dutch teenager like a gram of heroin in a condom. It came into the country and ended up in their fridge through this supposed horrible distribution system. If you were able to buy a beer other than BMC in a store, then the system isn't as bad as they think.

Really? I haven't been to Krogers in awhile. Do you know if they all do? Im going to have to find out!!!!

Quick Reply