Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Brew Discussion (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f5/)
-   -   Beer prices going up. (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f5/beer-prices-going-up-53377/)

abracadabra 01-31-2008 04:06 PM

Beer prices going up.
 
Hold on to you wallets this is just the beginning.

Several articles like this appeared yesterday.

http://www.wmdt.com/topstory/displaystory.asp?id=7712

Orfy 01-31-2008 05:10 PM

Quote:

Brewers say
What is the source?

I don't take notice of gossip like that.

RICLARK 01-31-2008 05:14 PM

If this is true, Bells now for me is 11.20 out the door with deposit now it will be 12.20 for a damn sixpack. Nice

eriktlupus 01-31-2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RICLARK
If this is true, Bells now for me is 11.20 out the door with deposit now it will be 12.20 for a damn sixpack. Nice

you ever tried arcadia or dark horse?

RICLARK 01-31-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriktlupus
you ever tried arcadia or dark horse?

Nope, Should I?

jvh261 01-31-2008 05:26 PM

I've had Dark Horse's Crooked Tree IPA. Excellent brew. Just have trouble finding it on a regular basis. I'd buy more of it if I could.

Three Floyds Alpha King 6packs are up in price from around 8.99 to around 10.49 - 10.99 in the Chicago area.

Evan! 01-31-2008 05:30 PM

Wow, I commend the authors on their thorough journalism. I really appreciate in-depth coverage such as this. In other news, Iraq going badly.

In any case, it's a good thing I have 27 cases in my basement and 25 gallons in carboys. :D

abracadabra 01-31-2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan!
Wow, I commend the authors on their thorough journalism. I really appreciate in-depth coverage such as this. In other news, Iraq going badly.

In any case, it's a good thing I have 27 cases in my basement and 25 gallons in carboys. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orfy
What is the source?

I don't take notice of gossip like that.

Pardon me if my original post did not reach the level of journalistic integrity that you 2 seem to require.

I'll try to do better next time.

How about this one, any better?

http://media.www.michigandaily.com/m...-3163372.shtml

BlindLemonLars 01-31-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abracadabra
Hold on to you wallets this is just the beginning.

Several articles like this appeared yesterday.

So who buys beer any more? :D

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I bought beer, other than at a bar or pub. Very little of it holds a candle to my homebrew anyhow.

kinison_fan 01-31-2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindLemonLars
So who buys beer any more? :D

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I bought beer, other than at a bar or pub. Very little of it holds a candle to my homebrew anyhow.


Me too, its probably been 9 months or more since I bought a case, closing in on a year now..


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:56 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.