Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Augustiner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2010, 02:02 AM   #1
Bulls Beers
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 139 Times on 104 Posts

Default Augustiner

Man, I love this beer. I'm drinking a liter of it right now. It's so friggin good..This beer I'm drinking has been sitting on a shipping container for weeks or months, and it still kicks Arse. Way better in Munich. I drank a ton of this beer and many others when I was in Germany recently. I was so spoiled. I love my homebrew, I really do, But when you have had the best...Sh!t, I have a lot of work to do...

Damn, I love this beer...

Spezialisiert auf Deutsch Lagerbier...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2010, 08:38 AM   #2
Wyldjim
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 15

If you ever get a chance to visit the Augustiner Braustubl in Salzburg it will blow you away. It was one of my favorite beer drinking experiences ever. The beer was sooo fresh it went down easy. I hope they haven't changed the place much. As I remember it was kinda underground (like a cave) and you picked out a liter stein. There was a stream of water running through the place and you wash you stein, then get in line. They were hand tapping wooden kegs and going through the kegs fairly quickly. That's fresh beer. Worth the trip to Austria just for that beer

If I have time to be online, I have time for a beer. If I have time for a beer, I have time for 2:) ...therefore consider that anything I post may just be drunken ramblings. My apologies in advance:)

Old 11-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
jsberry
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

+1 Augustiner Braustubl in Salzburg - it was awesome.

Munich and Vienna also have excellent "Augustiner" brewery/restaurants - not sure if they are currently related...?

Quick Reply