Arrogent Bastard Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfreak

Reaction score
So I bought a bottle of this last night, and I just poured me a glass, and I dont know if I can drink all of this.

I was told this was really good, but, the after taste is horrible. :(

It's one of my favorites. I was really into malty beers a couple of years ago, but now I'm into IPAs and bitter beers like AB. I'm even making an AB clone for my next brew!

You disregarded the label. ;)

It is one of my all time favorites but it is a hell of a strong beer, so I can understand how it isn't for everyone.

I love it! At least they don't have to worry about false advertisement if you don't like it. A friend of mine forced himself to drink the whole thing just so he could say he did it.

Brewsmith said:
I love it! At least they don't have to worry about false advertisement if you don't like it. A friend of mine forced himself to drink the whole thing just so he could say he did it.

Forced himself? Wow...I can see having to force yourself to drink something like an
oud bruin or a rauchbier but it's not like the bastard is all that out there...

I suppose that's why we all have our preferences

I don't like it too much :D

7985-Doublebastard.jpg

Cheers

Well if you havent had many strong or bitter beers than i could see why you wouldnt like it.
The first time i tried an IPA i hated it. But over time i got to like it more and more. Now i love hoppy and/or strong beers!

I tried it for the first time myself this week and damn, it's hoppy. Anybody know how many IBUs?

Yuri_Rage said:
I like Arrogant Bastard just to spite the label.

Well Said!

I like it's attitude more than it's flavor. It's not the betterness, it's that malt profile that causes me to drop my dollar elswhere.

I love AB. Had it on tap for the first time while in San Diego this weekend. It was served in a goblet and was great. To each their own.

Back