Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Anyone going to the CBS release at Founders?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2447 Times on 1725 Posts
Likes Given: 1402

Default Anyone going to the CBS release at Founders?

Remember, tomorrow (Saturday) is the taproom release of Founder's Canadian Breakfast Stout. They start handing out 750ml bottles at 11am. Limit 2 bottles per person. I think they hand out numbers at around 8 or 9, so you can leave and get back in line (as long as you are there before your number is called!)

The retail release is on October 3rd.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2011, 03:16 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2776 Times on 1660 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

So what's the diff between the Breakfast Stout, and the Canadian Breakfast Stout, eh?

Canadian Bacon maybe? (One could only hope.)

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2776 Times on 1660 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

OH Cool!!

Quote:
Canadian Breakfast Stout is an Imperial Stout brewed with a blend of coffees and imported chocolates, then aged in spent bourbon barrels that have most recently been aging pure Michigan maple syrup. The final product has had stellar reviews and is currently the fifth highest rated beer in the world on www.BeerAdvocate.com.

Read more: Canadian Breakfast Stout to be released | Beer Nut http://blogs.wickedlocal.com/beernut...#ixzz1ZRgVtZik

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-30-2011, 04:38 PM   #4
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

CBS is different from KBS in the barrel they use. KBS uses bourbon barrel I think, and CBS has the maple syrup barrels.

I am seriously thinking about staying downstate tonight so I can get in line before sunrise... :blearyeyed:

Old 10-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #5
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Woke up early, got out of bed a little later, got breakfast, drove to GR, stood in almost freezing line for like 4 hours, got my bottles. Other than the cold, it was pretty fun standing and joking with others.

I even filled the back of my Jeep with empties people brought and drank in line. I got a TON of bombers. I filled 2 tall kitchen trash cans with hot water and Oxi and soaked some bottles. That accounts for probably 1/3 of the bottles I picked up.

Quick Reply