Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Another score for the home team.....

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2005, 09:55 PM   #1
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dude's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Knob Noster, Missouri
Posts: 8,843
Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Another score for the home team.....

I got a crapload of new beers to try today.....went to World Market and they had a few newer selections from the last time I visited, so I thought I'd go for some of them.

1. Rogue Mocha Porter
2. Pyramid Apricot Hefe

Also bought an "American Microbrews" sampler. Just one of those goofy samplers that has 1 bottle of a few different american microbrews. Usually 2 or 3 of them catch my eye, in this case it is 5 or 6 of them...anyway, it has these in it:

1. Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout
2. Firestone Double barrel Ale (Supposedly brewed and fermented in oak barrels?)
3. Rogue Brutal Bitter
4. Flying Dog Snake Dog IPA (had it before, wanna try it again....)
5. Iron City Premium Lager (yechhhhh...)
6. Backfin Pale Ale (Clay Pipe Brewing Co.)
7. MacTarnahan's Black watch Cream Porter
8. Geary's Pale Ale
9. Spanish Peaks Black Dog Ale
10. Newport Amber

Also have a Genessee Cream Ale and a Robert the Bruce to try tonight. If I get to them all.....

__________________
On Tap: Lake Walk Pale Ale -- Eternity (Raspberry Stout) -- Nutrocker -- Donnybrook Dark
Primary: Lake Walk Pale Ale
Secondary: Summit IPA
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com
Dude is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2005, 10:10 PM   #2
usmcruz
Registered User
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Guam
Posts: 294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRELSE
I got a crapload of new beers to try today.....went to World Market and they had a few newer selections from the last time I visited, so I thought I'd go for some of them.

1. Rogue Mocha Porter
2. Pyramid Apricot Hefe

Also bought an "American Microbrews" sampler. Just one of those goofy samplers that has 1 bottle of a few different american microbrews. Usually 2 or 3 of them catch my eye, in this case it is 5 or 6 of them...anyway, it has these in it:

1. Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout
2. Firestone Double barrel Ale (Supposedly brewed and fermented in oak barrels?)
3. Rogue Brutal Bitter
4. Flying Dog Snake Dog IPA (had it before, wanna try it again....)
5. Iron City Premium Lager (yechhhhh...)
6. Backfin Pale Ale (Clay Pipe Brewing Co.)
7. MacTarnahan's Black watch Cream Porter
8. Geary's Pale Ale
9. Spanish Peaks Black Dog Ale
10. Newport Amber

Also have a Genessee Cream Ale and a Robert the Bruce to try tonight. If I get to them all.....
Im going to be making there pumpkin ale that they had there at world market, but with a little more pumpkin.

You could throw some oak chips into the fermenter to try to copy that firestone double barrel.
__________________
usmcruz is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2005, 04:19 AM   #3
Oriondriver
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Prattville, AL
Posts: 9
Default

Nice... Rogue Brutal Bitter is one of my favorites... Snake Dog is just a fantastic IPA... was that a Newport Storm Amber?

Oriondriver

__________________
Unless you are the lead dog, the view is always the same!
Oriondriver is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2005, 04:23 AM   #4
homebrewer_99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
homebrewer_99's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Posts: 17,951
Liked 82 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

I picked up a 6er of Pyramid Apricot Hefe while in TX last month, or was that this month? I like the stuff.

I used to drink Genny Cream Ale a long time ago. Good flavor and cheap at the time.

__________________
HB Bill
homebrewer_99 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2005, 11:13 AM   #5
2nd Street Brewery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
2nd Street Brewery's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Castleton NY
Posts: 1,205
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Genny Cream was all we had on tap at the Firehouse bar for years when I first joined. Not bad but I had the worst F@rts with it that I can remember

__________________

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt.

2nd Street Brewery is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2005, 02:52 PM   #6
DeRoux's Broux
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeRoux's Broux's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Beaumont, Texas
Posts: 2,966
Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRELSE
I got a crapload of new beers to try today.....went to World Market and they had a few newer selections from the last time I visited, so I thought I'd go for some of them.

1. Rogue Mocha Porter
2. Pyramid Apricot Hefe

1. Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout
2. Firestone Double barrel Ale (Supposedly brewed and fermented in oak barrels?)
3. Rogue Brutal Bitter
4. Flying Dog Snake Dog IPA (had it before, wanna try it again....)
5. Iron City Premium Lager (yechhhhh...)
6. Backfin Pale Ale (Clay Pipe Brewing Co.)
7. MacTarnahan's Black watch Cream Porter
8. Geary's Pale Ale
9. Spanish Peaks Black Dog Ale
10. Newport Amber
they just open a World Market here in town too. some nice beers to oggle when shopping w/ the wife
i like the Pyramid Apri-Hefe, the Black Watch Cream Porter, Snake Dog IPA. i've read about the Firestone Double Barrel ale. sounds and looks awesome. i think BYO had a clone recipe a while back......
nice selection
__________________

Cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

DeRoux's Broux is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2005, 04:20 PM   #7
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dude's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Knob Noster, Missouri
Posts: 8,843
Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRoux's Broux
they just open a World Market here in town too. some nice beers to oggle when shopping w/ the wife
i like the Pyramid Apri-Hefe, the Black Watch Cream Porter, Snake Dog IPA. i've read about the Firestone Double Barrel ale. sounds and looks awesome. i think BYO had a clone recipe a while back......
nice selection
I never got around to trying any of them last night. The wife scheduled dinner with the mother-in-law at a Japanese steak house. I had 2 Coronas. Yecchhh. Came home and couldn't stomach any more beer.
__________________
On Tap: Lake Walk Pale Ale -- Eternity (Raspberry Stout) -- Nutrocker -- Donnybrook Dark
Primary: Lake Walk Pale Ale
Secondary: Summit IPA
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com
Dude is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2005, 05:01 PM   #8
DeRoux's Broux
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeRoux's Broux's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Beaumont, Texas
Posts: 2,966
Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRELSE
I never got around to trying any of them last night. The wife scheduled dinner with the mother-in-law at a Japanese steak house. I had 2 Coronas. Yecchhh. Came home and couldn't stomach any more beer.
he! funny, we went out w/ my parents last night for the same thing. i opted for hot green tea
__________________

Cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

DeRoux's Broux is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2005, 05:06 PM   #9
anthrobe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
anthrobe's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 580
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I have always found a good selection at the world marked by my house. One beer that I have never been able to find anywhere else is Buffalo Bills Orange Blossom Ale. My wife absolutely loves this stuff? Anyone tried this. For a fruit beer, it blows Pyramid Apricot Heffe out of the water...IMHO. Anyone seen a clone for this?

__________________
On Deck -
Primary1 -Hop Knot 10/04/07
Primary2 -
Secondary1 -
Secondary2 -
On Tap
Tap1 - Kelly's Rasberry Cream Ale 7/11/07
Tap2 - Black Stap Porter (8/25/07)
Tap3 - Hefeweizen 7/05/07
Waiting for tap\Conditioning
Keg1 -
Keg2 -
Keg3 -
Bottles
-
-

---------------------------------------------------
anthrobe is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2005, 05:10 PM   #10
DeRoux's Broux
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeRoux's Broux's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Beaumont, Texas
Posts: 2,966
Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

i've seen it in Houston World Markets and Central Market. i've had the pumpkin ale (yechhht!).

__________________

Cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

DeRoux's Broux is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HomeBrewers Team trying to beat the U.S. Army Team -- we are declaring war! billvelek General Beer Discussion 11 05-16-2012 03:26 AM
Team Hoyt Hugh_Jass General Chit Chat 0 01-06-2009 02:02 PM
w00t! Home Depot score! FatDuc Equipment/Sanitation 12 01-17-2008 12:31 AM
Need a team to root for in the NFL Playoffs??? rdwj General Chit Chat 11 01-08-2007 11:39 AM
Sports team tap handles Flyin' Lion Bottling/Kegging 8 09-26-2006 10:18 PM