The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Announcing Craft Beer Network, A Craft Beer Community Created By Craft Beer Lovers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
jbrookeiv
Beer Review Dude
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Announcing Craft Beer Network, A Craft Beer Community Created By Craft Beer Lovers

Hey guys,

I decided to create, to my knowledge, the only craft beer centric social network that I know of. I've been toying around with this idea for a long time, and finally decided to do something with it. Craft beer lovers need a good place to congregate and talk beer, post photos, videos, chat, post on forums, and find pertinent craft beer news and events, so I figured I would try and fill that need.

I created Craft Beer Network with that vision, and I hope to see it take off. I'd be thrilled if some of you would check it out and become members if you like what you see. I officially launched the site yesterday and have ~135 members currently. I'd love to see that number grow, and for the community to become as active as possible. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://craftbeernetwork.com

My Beer Review Blog: Beer Review Dude
My Craft Beer Social Network: Craft Beer Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewtastic View Post
I think a more pertinent question is where is AB and Miller Coors getting all of their horse urine?
Primary: Belgian Pale Ale w. Brett | Saison | Mango Pulp Wine | Graff, 10 gal

Bottled / Kegged: Hopped Imperial Wheat | AK47 Pale Mild, BIAB | AHS 20th Anniv. IPA, No Chill | Apfelwein
Leftover IIPA, No Chill | All-Molasses Ale | BIAB Black IPA | BIAB Hoppy Stout | JAOM | RyePA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 01:27 AM   #2
jbrookeiv
Beer Review Dude
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Bumpity bump. I've made a ton of changes to the site over the past couple of days, and figured some of you might be interested.

Quote:
I think a more pertinent question is where is AB and Miller Coors getting all of their horse urine?

Bottled / Kegged: Hopped Imperial Wheat | AK47 Pale Mild, BIAB | AHS 20th Anniv. IPA, No Chill | Apfelwein
Leftover IIPA, No Chill | All-Molasses Ale | BIAB Black IPA | BIAB Hoppy Stout | JAOM | RyePA

Old 12-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #3
carlrobinhood
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

It is good for you that you create it.I created this idea of craft beer network, I want to see it take off. I will be happy if you check and become a member, if you like what you see. I launched the site yesterday and now ~ 135 members. I am very happy to see that number grow, and for the community as active as possible. Check them out and let me know what you think.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 558 Times on 330 Posts
Likes Given: 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlrobinhood View Post
It is good for you that you create it.I created this idea of craft beer network, I want to see it take off. I will be happy if you check and become a member, if you like what you see. I launched the site yesterday and now ~ 135 members. I am very happy to see that number grow, and for the community as active as possible. Check them out and let me know what you think.
Tell us more my new friend.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 1900 Times on 1371 Posts
Likes Given: 1045

What more is to no? Already now my craft beer network can grow to 223 members. Come see! I glad to no you as my good friend thanks.

Come see me in my home in france,france. Me love you long time. Er, I mean...

BYE!

Old 12-21-2011, 04:53 PM   #6
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 230 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Carlrobinhood, robbing from teh ritch and giving to teh pour!!!

Or something like that. You, SIR, are a prince among men!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 04-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
DerrangedPOJO
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Is this site still active? my browser says it could not find the site? I use safari on mac.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
jbrookeiv
Beer Review Dude
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrangedPOJO View Post
Is this site still active? my browser says it could not find the site? I use safari on mac.
No, the site didn't really go anywhere so I killed it. It was costing me $20 a month.

Quote:

Old 04-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #9
DerrangedPOJO
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

That sux, Can i ask what it was all about? Something that could be done differently to attrack paying members perhaps? Was it a trading craft beer site? I live in the stix of PA have to travel 1.5 hours in any direction to get to any of the clubs and the travel is not worth it. The thought of an online group sounds like something us mountain people would like.

Quick Reply