Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Brew Discussion (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f5/)
-   -   Anheuser Busch Black Crown (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f5/anheuser-busch-black-crown-384246/)

brewsnthelou 01-24-2013 06:02 PM

Anheuser Busch Black Crown
 
I'm always looking to try something new, and since I'm born and raised in the St. Louis, MO area my interest was peaked when I heard AB was trying to attract the 'craft beer' crowd with it's newest addition Black Crown...
Well, I was disappointed with the taste to say the least. It reminded me off an amber colored Bud Light, which is fine if that's what you like but I felt like a bait and switch victim, lol
Just throwing in my 2 cents worth in case anyone else was thinking about trying it, my advice, save your $$$$

Thanks!

Beer-lord 01-24-2013 06:03 PM

I've not tried it but wasn't expecting much. It's made for the masses and that's not me.

bknifefight 01-24-2013 07:22 PM

I wonder how long some of these brands stick around for. I know Bud Platinum is still around, I see ads, but I know no one among my Bud drinking friends who buy it. For the ABV and taste vs price difference, it is not worth it to them.

Do they still make the Budweiser Select?

Doed 01-24-2013 07:31 PM

Yes, AB still makes Bud Select.

I have some of the Black Crown stuff right now and my first thought when I tried it was "it doesn't even taste like beer".

brewsnthelou 01-24-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doed
Yes, AB still makes Bud Select.

I have some of the Black Crown stuff right now and my first thought when I tried it was "it doesn't even taste like beer".

Exactly. I almost found it to taste more like the low calorie watered down products but maybe all that home brew has tainted my taste buds, lol

drainbamage 01-26-2013 06:00 PM

I saw this in the grocery store today and was somewhat curious, but I had just stocked up on beer (and have a batch of CA Common that will be ready in a week or so), so I didn't see any point in picking any up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bknifefight (Post 4822036)
I wonder how long some of these brands stick around for. I know Bud Platinum is still around, I see ads, but I know no one among my Bud drinking friends who buy it. For the ABV and taste vs price difference, it is not worth it to them.

Do they still make the Budweiser Select?

Yeah, I also see Bud Platinum all over in stores and ads, yet I never see anyone buying it. I can't imagine it will be around much longer. I still see Bud Select too, but I read a while back that it is one of the top 10 beers for declining market share in the US.

Homercidal 01-28-2013 11:40 AM

I've been wanting to try it, but I've only seen it in 6-packs and larger. And I'm not willing to risk having 5 bottles of undrinked beer sitting in my fridge for whenever. I"m waiting until I can find it in a single serving.

I'm not hoping for much. They call it an 'Amber', but I'd be more than a little shocked if it tasted anything like an actual amber. Too bad since I think they could sell a TON of Amber Ale.

bknifefight 01-28-2013 02:16 PM

"undrinked" lol

brewsnthelou 01-29-2013 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homercidal
I've been wanting to try it, but I've only seen it in 6-packs and larger. And I'm not willing to risk having 5 bottles of undrinked beer sitting in my fridge for whenever. I"m waiting until I can find it in a single serving.

I'm not hoping for much. They call it an 'Amber', but I'd be more than a little shocked if it tasted anything like an actual amber. Too bad since I think they could sell a TON of Amber Ale.

Amber Bock has much more craft beer flavor to me than this product but I guess the cool name will draw them in... Black Crown... lol

Ostomo517 01-29-2013 03:19 AM

Im waiting to find it on tap somewhere before I check it out.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:21 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.