Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Am I the only one annoyed by beer store clerks...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2008, 07:37 PM   #41
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1042 Times on 696 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshae
I have to ask. Does the *glass* really impact the *beer*? I mean, when you drink your homebrew, or serve it to friends, do you always make sure the "correct" glass is used? I really fail to understand how the glass matters. I apply this to wine and mixed drinks, too. It strikes me as a way for "knowledgeable" people who know the "rules" to feel superior to those who do not, rather than actually having anything to do with the drink being served.
Right, but you're going to a place that you expect to cater to beer snobs. Whether the proper glass matters or not, part of the service is to cater to people who thinks it does.

I'm only a half snob. I require that beer is poured into a glass first. After that, I'm pretty flexible other than not wanting a stout in a pils glass and vice versa.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply