Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Allagash Musette

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2007, 06:17 PM   #11
zoebisch01
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchiest
Yeah, the rest of the Allagash are in that range, but this one is supposedly significantly more expensive. On a related note, I picked up an Ommegang last night, and I'm looking forward to it. I've heard a lot of good things about that brewery.

Which brew? The Abbey Ale? Ommegang is one of my favorite breweries. It is a pretty cool place to visit. An old farmhouse. I wanted to get back there this year butI am not sure I'll be able to go until fall. The Abbey Ale, Rare Vos, Hennepin and Philosophers are all exceptional. I haven't tried their newest offerings.

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2007, 07:43 PM   #12
brewt00l
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Yeah, the rest of the Allagash are in that range, but this one is supposedly significantly more expensive. On a related note, I picked up an Ommegang last night, and I'm looking forward to it. I've heard a lot of good things about that brewery.

shhh...don't let my takeout place hear that.

I second zoebisch01, Ommegang has some great stuff...waddaya get?

Old 03-09-2007, 08:13 PM   #13
Torchiest

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebisch01
Which brew? The Abbey Ale? Ommegang is one of my favorite breweries. It is a pretty cool place to visit. An old farmhouse. I wanted to get back there this year butI am not sure I'll be able to go until fall. The Abbey Ale, Rare Vos, Hennepin and Philosophers are all exceptional. I haven't tried their newest offerings.
Yes, it was the Abbey Ale, although they had all four of those you named. How would you guys compare Ommegang to Unibroue or Allagash? I had one other Allagash, the Grand Cru, and it was only okay I thought. Unibroue rocks my world.
#48 Black Helicopter Porter #49 Pikemen Porter
Up Next:
#50 Imperious IPA
#51 Razz Buried

Old 03-11-2007, 01:40 AM   #14
brewt00l
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My limited 2 cents: I don't have a lot of experience with Allagash..so far I have only had Four (which I liked very much). Ommegang's has that more traditional slant while Unibroue beers are pretty unique stand outs.

Unibroue seems to be one of those brewers that inspires either a love it or hate it reaction.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:15 AM   #15
Big Al

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Yes, it was the Abbey Ale, although they had all four of those you named. How would you guys compare Ommegang to Unibroue or Allagash? I had one other Allagash, the Grand Cru, and it was only okay I thought. Unibroue rocks my world.
Ommegang is an awesome brewery. I travel in the Northeast region a lot and I've been to both Ommegang in Cooperstown and Allagash in Portland. While they are both excellent Breweries, I would say that Allagash is just about the norm for micro brews while Ommegang is a step ahead. One of my favorite all-time beers is Ommegang's Cave aged Hennepin. It was fantastic.

Ommegang should be a stop on any baseball lovers tour as well since it's right near the Baseball Hall of Fame. You can make a great day out of heading to the hall and then over to Ommegang for a tour and tasting.

Primary - If it's not Scottish it's CRAP Ale
Primary Imperial IPA
Secondary -
Bottled and drinking: Hey!Hey! IPA, Land of Oz Barleywine #2, Caramel Creme Ale, Red Stripe Lager Clone

RIP: Oatmeal Stout, Octoberfestivus, 777 RPA, Fat Tire Clone (1st AG), Experimental Honey Brown

Quick Reply