Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Alexander Keith's White Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2009, 12:08 AM   #1
Jilaman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Alexander Keith's White Ale

I was coming home from Canada this weekend and found this at the Duty Free.

I like Keith's when I am in Canada because the selection in most restaraunts is limited to BMC, there are exceptions to that tho.

Well Keith's India Pale Ale is really not much of an IPA by any definition of the style. Well now they have Keith's Premium White. White Ale brewed with Coriander and Orange Peel. Sounds like a white ale, or belgian wit style. It's not really. It tastes more like a cloudy wheat type Keith's IPA. I am sadly dissapointed. No taste of the coriander and orange peel, I think it has a hop bitterness that is overbearing for the style. Anyways What do you guys think?

Kegged: Pliny the Elder clone - Austin Homebrew Supply
Drinking: Everything from Texas Breweries!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2009, 07:12 AM   #2
FlyGuy

Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Horrible brewery with horrible beer all around. All their beer tastes the same (slight variations on plain BMC).

Old 06-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
brewt00l
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilaman View Post
Sounds like a white ale, or belgian wit style. It's not really. It tastes more like a cloudy wheat type Keith's IPA. I am sadly dissapointed. No taste of the coriander and orange peel, I think it has a hop bitterness that is overbearing for the style. Anyways What do you guys think?

I think that having had Keiths IPA, that sounds like exactly what I would expect.

Quick Reply