Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Alexander Keith's Amber - Yuck

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2008, 11:29 PM   #11
Wing Nut
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have freinds from out east who LOVE!!!!! keiths IPA, best beer ever! In their opinion. I can drink one if it is cold, it is like molson canadian or the other lagers. I think that keiths should be taken to court because it isnt an IPA and it is false advertising to call it that. It dosent even come close to the style guidlines for an IPA. I "tried" to get my swill drinking freinds to come over to tasty beers. Seeing as they "love" IPAs I brought a bottle of Spinnakers IPA and poured a round for everyone. 3 of them hated it said it tasted like it had gone bad. One liked it and the other seemed indifferent. I am sorry to say that I will never convince some of them, especialy when he belives all the hype about the pride of nova scotia!

Wing nut

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 11:45 PM   #12
Professor Frink

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

I tried a few of the Alexander Keith's beers when I was in Banff - they all tasted about the same to me, and none were very good at all.

On tap:Amber Ale
Milk Stout

Lagering:

http://www.lazydogbrewery.com

Old 07-18-2008, 08:25 PM   #13
brrman
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
It was at some place on Yonge St a few blocks from Bloor called Elephant and Castle. Prior to that I had 2 or 5 pints at C'est What (35 taps, all Canadian). Honestly I don't remember what I had but the beers were all good. I did walk past BeerBistro and it looked a little stuffy so I kept walking. Keith's amber was like an unhopped, dried out English Mild. Coors light has more malt flavor.

Elephant and Castle is a chain of fairly authentic English Pubs. I was just at one in downtown Chicago and had a few Fuller's London Porter pulled from the firkin. They have a lot of good beers there on tap.

As for Alexander Keith's... I can drink it if its cold, and I don't think it is all that terrible. But I do not consider their IPA an IPA. It would class it with the rest of the commercials - kind of like a Molson Export or an Olands.
Tap 2:. Heavenly Scourge Black IIPA
Primary:. Sycamore Porter, Scottish Ale

Quick Reply