The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Advice please- Atlanta beer scene?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2013, 03:51 AM   #31
Edb7
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default SFrisby rules!

It turns out that Atlanta DOES have a beer scene. Thanks to Sfrisby for being kind enough to show me the ropes. Some highlights of my trip have been:

- Hop City, which is a liquor store with a friendly and knowledgable staff. It is located about 2 miles from the CNN Center.

- The Porter. Thanks to those who suggested it. Although not close enough to walk to from the CNN Center, they have an outrageous menu. I saw beers from west coast to midwest, from Africa to Iceland. The menu has about 50 brews on tap and a couple hundred bottles. They also have a large vintage list of beers you would be hard-pressed to find elsewhere.

The Wreckingbar- holy ****! This place rocks. Very cool atmosphere, good eats, and a menu of their own beers. I am guessing the menu was near 20 beers. They have good sampler options for a fair price.

All of this said, the highlight of Atlanta is Sfrisby, who was a gracious host who showed me the highlights of the area. Thanks and cheers to you. Let me know how the latest imperial turns out and happy brewing!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #32
sfrisby
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 210 Times on 144 Posts

Good times. Sorry I won't be around to show you more highlights. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply