New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Abita Love

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2007, 12:57 PM   #11
themikehall
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I had the Purple Haze and wasn't impressed, so i didn't try their other beers. Then i was at a bar where their only non-lite beer was an Abita Amber, it was great. So now i am a fan and want to get to LA to try the rest.

---
DrinkingBeer.net - always a good idea

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2007, 05:16 PM   #12
ECOdork
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

HA! I lived in NOLA for a few years, so on more than one occasion I was one of those "drunken college students" taking the free tour! The quality of the tour differs depending on the season, drunken-ness of the guide, etc. but I certainly had more good tours than bad ones. And some with highly knowledgeable brewers.

Generally I'm a big Abita fan. But, I find I prefer their kegged beers over their bottled ones...All through my college years they wouldn't bottle Purple Haze for fear that it wouldn't translate well. I don't think it did as I've had lots of skunky bottles of it.

When you can get Abita fresh I think they are great. The closer you are to south LA you can get their wonderful seasonal offerings too. Those were always a pleasure.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply