Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Abita Biere de Garde and Tin Roof's Watermelon Wheat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
gmcapone
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Abita Biere de Garde and Tin Roof's Watermelon Wheat

The Mrs. and I tried these the other day at the local bar. I personally am not a watermelon lover so no surprise to me I thought it was gross. That aside though, it almost had a sort of astringency I couldn't get past. It also had little to no wheat flavor. I was shocked at how clear it was for a wheat beer. The Biere de Garde (which I had) was also not very good. It had way too much citrus flavor and just wasn't balanced very well in my opinion.

Anyone try these and have similar opinions? I haven't really been able to find any reviews of these two.

Primary 1: Doppelbock
Primary 2: Dubbel (Demaciale)
Bottled/Kegged:Storm Giant IPA, Bananas Foster Ale, Storm Giant IPA, Black IPA (Head Hop IPA), Hefeweizen, Chipotle Ale (Juan More Cerveza)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
jsberry
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I had their "premier sampler" on draft in Covington, LA. The Biere du Guarde was my least favorite. The others were good, especially the IPA. That is a fun place to go with good food; if you're traveling on I-10 it is worth the 5-mile detour.

I did not have the watermelon beer, nor would I sip it if offered. That sounds like an asthetically and philosophically flawed concoction.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply