Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > AB has gone too far

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 05:10 AM   #1
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 125 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default AB has gone too far

The Horror. This goes way beyond Miller Chill or Bacardi Breezers.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...04/spykes.html

http://spykeme.com/main.aspx

This is so transparently aimed at the makingitgood crowd. August Bush III should be tarred and feathered.

Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Last edited by olllllo; 04-06-2007 at 05:13 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2007, 05:54 AM   #2
Reidman
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 1 Posts

Frickin things look like shampoo bottles.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:33 AM   #3
dblvsn

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Looks like they've quickly added the age verification system that the article claimed they were missing. What I find interesting is they know the drinks have high amounts of alcohol but still post comments on the website like "I can drink these all day, and be ready to go out and party all night." (Again of which I didn't find) They are just asking for a huge lawsuit... Does anyone else find the music on the website so obnoxious that you had to turn the volume off on the computer?!

Old 04-06-2007, 01:45 PM   #4
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 974 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Ok, I don't want this to get too political but what's the problem here? If someone makes an alcoholic drink in fruity flavors, it's automatically deemed a ploy to market to kids? How about just people with bad taste in beverages? Kid friendly flavors? Give me a break. When I was a kid, I'd drink gin right out of the bottle for a buzz. This is like saying that we don't have a problem with kids drinking Jack or beer because they're NOT kid friendly flavors.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Last edited by Bobby_M; 04-06-2007 at 01:48 PM.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:59 PM   #5
Nexus555
Recipes 

I don't see the problem. In my honest opinion, it's good to start teaching the kids the responsibility of drinking at a young age (say 15-18.) Sounds bad, but look at Europe. The legal age in most countries for beer is 16, and those kids are way more responsible and knowledgable about the effects and risk of alcohol.

If you deny your kids to drink, they will eventually get drunk at a friends house, party, club or worse off going down the road. Either teach them the responsbility, or make them learn the hard way without you knowing, which could be worse in the end.

My parents let me start drinking at 16. I never once lied to them about drinking and I am a very responsible drinker. No DWI, no wrecks, no fights, or alcohol poisoning, nothing. Don't act like problems don't exist. Acknowledge them, and teach your teenagers the facts.

Anyways, that's my opinion

Conditioning: Nothing

Drinking: Nothing !

Past brews: Big River Brown Ale, Yooper Chick's Dead Guy Clone

"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible." - Albert Einstein

Old 04-06-2007, 02:09 PM   #6
rdwj

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M
Ok, I don't want this to get too political but what's the problem here? If someone makes an alcoholic drink in fruity flavors, it's automatically deemed a ploy to market to kids? How about just people with bad taste in beverages? Kid friendly flavors? Give me a break. When I was a kid, I'd drink gin right out of the bottle for a buzz. This is like saying that we don't have a problem with kids drinking Jack or beer because they're NOT kid friendly flavors.
Not to mention that KIDS AREN'T ALLOWED TO BUY THEM!!!!

And I love the age verification things. Those are SO tough for people to get past - lol

Old 04-06-2007, 02:13 PM   #7
TheJadedDog
AFK ATM
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Ummmmm, since when does chick friendly equate to kid friendly? Those look just like the kind of drink young 20something girls like and no dude in his right mind, even one under 21, is gonna be caught dead drinking that stuff.

Sometimes I think the media likes to stir things up when they have nothing better to do.

On Tap: Nadda
Primary: Nadda
Planning: Extra Special Bitter

Old 04-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #8
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 84 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus555
I don't see the problem. In my honest opinion, it's good to start teaching the kids the responsibility of drinking at a young age (say 15-18.) Sounds bad, but look at Europe. The legal age in most countries for beer is 16, and those kids are way more responsible and knowledgable about the effects and risk of alcohol.

If you deny your kids to drink, they will eventually get drunk at a friends house, party, club or worse off going down the road. Either teach them the responsbility, or make them learn the hard way without you knowing, which could be worse in the end.

My parents let me start drinking at 16. I never once lied to them about drinking and I am a very responsible drinker. No DWI, no wrecks, no fights, or alcohol poisoning, nothing. Don't act like problems don't exist. Acknowledge them, and teach your teenagers the facts.

Anyways, that's my opinion
I agree with you. I lived in Germany for 9 years and drinking is a societal issue. The US Gov has its hands in too many family responsibility issues.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:29 PM   #9
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

We'd better learn how to make these. makingitgood is about to flood the place asking for recipes.

Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:44 PM   #10
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 84 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood
We'd better learn how to make these. makingitgood is about to flood the place asking for recipes.
ROTFLMAO!!!

Quick Reply