Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > 1984 Indianapolis 500 Beer by Falstaff

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2012, 02:27 AM   #1
LoneWolfPR
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default 1984 Indianapolis 500 Beer by Falstaff

So, i work at a brewery and we occasionally sample brews from other breweries. One of our delivery drivers had 5 cans of this that he found in a house he was cleaning out a few years back. We all decided to open one and pour samples to see if it was at all drinkable.

The seals were all completely in tact so we weren't worried about any sort of infection. We used a church key to pop a couple holes in the bottom so he could preserve the top and sell the can to a collector. It was actually still a bit carbonated. I didn't drink much at all of it. I just had a couple of sips, but I was shocked by what I tasted. It both smelled and tasted like a sweet mead with a very, very slight tartness. I'm sure this is nothing like it tasted... 28 YEARS AGO, but honestly I've had significantly worse from other breweries around today. This is probably the weirdest beer experience I've had. Just thought I'd share.

In the Keg: Nothing Currently
In Secondary: Nothing Currently
In Bottles:Oblivion RIS, EdWort's Apfelwein
In Primary: Nothing Currently
On Deck: Nothing Currently
In Design: Saison de Erin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply