Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Wine and Beer Bottle Hanging Tags.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2010, 02:04 AM   #31
robertvrabel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrush View Post
Can you email me your template for your Mac?
I second this... would be interested in your file for the mac.

Also, the tags are a great idea. I plan to use these for sampler packs I hand out to people. My normal bottles, initials on the caps will be fine

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2010, 02:11 AM   #32
robertvrabel
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

I went off this idea, and made a template in photoshop for 1 tag... which then I just replicate the group 2 times after I fill out the template and space them so I fit 3 on a page.

Here is the outcome (And my first brew!)

Old 01-21-2010, 02:14 AM   #33
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Looks cool!!! Thanks for posting it in my thread...I keep asking for folks to do that.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 07-15-2010, 02:44 AM   #34
copper
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Here's a sample of what I'm starting with.

The turtle image is a comp image of some vector art I've been thinking about using in my labels as "Loggerhead Brew".
Below that is the "beer-centric" information. I pulled the copy from the Beer Advocate website.
The red copy is the information statement regarding bottle conditioned beer. I pulled the copy that RandalG posted (hope you don't mind, boss), and edited to suit my own taste.
There are 3 icons below that. One to show if the beer contains wheat or not. My father has Celiac and I'll be cooking up some gluten-free beers as I go along. The second is a lactose icon for the lactose intolerant. (milk stout...mmmmmm). You can see this one is slashed out. The circle & slash symbol can be quickly applied to the wheat icon as well.
The third is where I plan to fill in the calculated ABV for each batch.
Finally, a friendly reminder to return bottles to the brewers so we can keep making good beer at minimal cost.

Thanks for the ideas Revvy! and to every one that has posted suggestions and samples in this thread. I love this idea as a simple and creative way to label bottles without having to soak off adhesive each time they are re-used.

For those that are interested, this image was made using Illustrator and Indesign CS3. Elements such as the circle & slash are on individual layers so they can be turned on and off without hassle. I'm happy to share my icons or Illustrator/Indesign files if anyone wants them.

Overall I think it needs a bit of background to give it some depth and make it look all 'purdy. Maybe a parchment background or something. I'll work on that.

"Without a doubt the single and most dramatically significant thing that can spoil the taste of your beer is...worrying." -C. Papazian

Primary: Hefewiezen II
Primary:
Bottled: Viginti Irish Red, Deception Cream Stout, EdWort's Apfelwein
Drinking: Deception Cream Stout, Apfelwein

Old 07-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #35
Revvy

Recipes 

Looks awesome copper!!!

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 07-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #36
v2comp
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Just FYI, I used Door Hangers (google them), they come with a slit and a hole already perforated and are fairly cheap in you buy enough. even in the small packs, 150 hangers for around $12 bucks.

Old 05-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #37
dcHokie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 240 Times on 184 Posts
Likes Given: 176

Hey Revvy, your bottletags are awesome, thanks for the templates!

Wanted to share my mod of your template concept. My homebrew club is a big group with plenty of new faces each month. Our meetings are primarily social with a large tasting table for all our homebrews. Since most of the beers brought are unlabeled aside from caps, once the caps come off it's easy to lose track of who brought what beer. I just wanted something simple that could be printed out each month, although I may want to do a run of these on card stock and get them laminated so we can write on them with grease pencils or dry erase markers and reuse.

bottletag-template-redux2-002.jpg  

Aging: Sour Solera, Flemish Gold, Repas du Matin Sour Table Beer, Flanders Red, Anejo Rum Sour, Brett Brown, Sour blonde, Funky Barleywine Barrel, Sour Rye Whiskey Barrel
Bottled: Cherry Oud Bruin, Le Batard Solera, Sour Stout, Wild Ale, Brett Belgian Rye Stout, Berliner Weisse, FlandersPale, Brett Old Ale, Funky Fig Saison, Mango BGSA, Rapture RIS, Brett Saison

Old 05-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #38
Revvy

Recipes 

What a great idea!!!

Old 06-03-2011, 06:47 AM   #39
brewguy82
Recipes 

This is pretty good revy. I love the idea. Gonna try it out when I can. Thanks for the idea.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #40
montbardbrewing
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just testing out a neck tag on a 22oz bottle, excuse the crap quality from my camera phone. Added the recipe (ingredients in % & IBUs, including OG, FG, ABV, SRM, total IBUs) on the bottle too - will include dates as well. The print is quite small but legible if you have decent eyesight. Would be nice to open a bottle up down the line and have the recipe sheet handy, right on the tag.

photo.jpg  
Kegged: Amarillo SMaSH
Revvy Likes This 

Quick Reply