Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Wine and Beer Bottle Hanging Tags.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2008, 07:07 PM   #1
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 1648 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Default Wine and Beer Bottle Hanging Tags.

After looking all day for hanging tags templates for bottles, I made up one of my own as a MS word Document.

Each tag is approx 2 inches wide, and the text area after the fold is about 5 inches.

I was going to upload the msword doc, but even with all the pics and text blocks removed it still exceeds the limit to just upload here. If someone wants it I guess you could pm me and I'll email you the document. Unless someone has an idea of where to upload it to so I can link it here for anyone.

I don't like to glue labels on, especially since I spend so much time removing them. So I like the idea of a hanging tag that slips over the neck of the bottle and hangs there. I printed it out on thick photopaper. All you need to do is cut them out, cut out the hole for the neck (or just make 2 slits at the cross) and fold it downword.

You just basically need to stick a graphic in each space, and add your own text to the text blocks...Or move stuff around and add your own text boxes wherever you want it.

Edit

Here's the links from MoRoToRiUm
Sample

Template

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

KellenRae Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2008, 08:17 PM   #2
Ego Archive
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Brilliant! thank you for the template.

Planning:SWMBO Berry wine, Imperial Coffee Stout, Shaved Nut(s) Brown ale.
In Primary:Apfelwein, American Pale Ale
In Secondary:
Conditioning:Sweet Chocolate Stout
On Tap: Apple Clove Mead (Bottled), 120 IPA Clone,Thanksgiving Amber Gruit (yuck), Pyment, Sweet Chocolate Stout

Old 12-15-2008, 08:18 PM   #3
ohiobrewtus

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

What about saving it as a web page from Word, then zipping up the contents - or even compressing the word file? They generally compress quite a bit.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:18 PM   #4
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego Archive View Post
Brilliant! thank you for the template.
Oh cool, the email went through.

Enjoy!

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-15-2008, 08:23 PM   #5
BigKahuna

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I use someting similar with beer I put up in the cellar. Just a short tag to identify where and when purchased (or brewed) and notes about the fresh product if available.
Good idea revvy!

Old 12-15-2008, 08:42 PM   #6
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKahuna View Post
I use someting similar with beer I put up in the cellar. Just a short tag to identify where and when purchased (or brewed) and notes about the fresh product if available.
Good idea revvy!
They actually look much nicer than the little mini pic I on here. I'm kinda proud of the what I wrote for each one as well. The three things I'm giving my boss are a bottle of my Bourbon Oaked/Smoked Old Bog Road Brown Ale, Poor Richard's Ale, and a year old Apfelwein. Those and a loaf my Jamaican Spiced Rum soaked Banana Bread.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #7
MoRoToRiUm
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I haven't heard back from Revvy, I'm guessing demand for the templates has subsided. For those of you interested, here they are- Thanks Revvy!

Sample

Template

(Sharing with Revvys' consent- Happy Brewing and Happy Holidays!)

Old 12-17-2008, 09:38 AM   #8
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoRoToRiUm View Post
I haven't heard back from Revvy, I'm guessing demand for the templates has subsided. For those of you interested, here they are- Thanks Revvy!

Sample

Template

(Sharing with Revvys' consent- Happy Brewing and Happy Holidays!)
I was busy at work yesterday and forgot to clear up about whther or not it was okat yo post them in this thread....SO thanks for taking the initiative.

ANd hosting it!

Old 12-17-2008, 01:33 PM   #9
BooneDocks
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Very interesting concept. Will run it by SWMBO, who makes our labels.

You say you do not like to glue on labels as you spend so much time getting them off. I am using the milk as glue tip I learned here on the forums and can't believe how well milk holds our simple paper labels on and how super easy they come off just running water over them. One of the many things I have quickly learned from the forums.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #10
farmbrewernw
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That seems like a pretty cool idea, I would think you would want to use some sort of card stock? Me thinks regular comp paper would be too flimsy.

I'm working as a pro now, but that doesn't mean I'm not still homebrewing. I'm going to see if I can homebrew at work as a way to develop new recipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgrafi
wow, tha more I drink, tha more cohernet you all are!
and stufffff.
gretencord Likes This 

Quick Reply