Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Where/How do you Label?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2014, 03:59 PM   #1
Mattyc88
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Where/How do you Label?

After looking at the Show us your label thread, it seems like a lot of people have some really killer labels.

Where/how do you guys print your labels? I've used bottleyourbrand.com and i've used Avery Rectangular labels and printed some myself. How are the people doing ones with burnt looking edges and/or brown paper etc? The more sophisticated than base white sticky labels.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2014, 02:41 AM   #2
Supurb
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

I always use BeerClings.com to print my labels. Good price and I like that I can reuse when I brew the same beer again.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:05 AM   #3
loucurr
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

I design and print my labels on a laser jet printer and then use a glue stick (the type kids use in school) and affix the label to the bottle. Comes off easy and the glue cleans of easy as well.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:08 AM   #4
antony
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I use Illustrator to design my labels & then have them printed on regular paper with a laser printer. Affix with gelatin & its the bomb. I know there's other free software out there that would be similar (used to use gimp back in the day, dunno if its still around). Even word would work I suppose with the wordart feature. I bet all the "cool" ones your seeing are using some sort of graphics software.

definitely go with the gelatin method (it's somewhere in the forum).

drinking: falconer's flight ipa

Old 01-11-2014, 03:25 AM   #5
NTXBrauer
Prosit!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 97 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by loucurr View Post
I design and print my labels on a laser jet printer and then use a glue stick (the type kids use in school) and affix the label to the bottle. Comes off easy and the glue cleans of easy as well.
I follow the same process as loucurr, but print on a color laser printer and also use a glue stick to adhere. The size I make mine is 3" x 4" and you can get 6 to a sheet.

Old 01-11-2014, 05:22 AM   #6
Mattyc88
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTXBrauer View Post
I follow the same process as loucurr, but print on a color laser printer and also use a glue stick to adhere. The size I make mine is 3" x 4" and you can get 6 to a sheet.
How does the glue stick once it's on? They last a long time with light condensation?

Old 01-11-2014, 01:08 PM   #7
loucurr
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyc88 View Post
How does the glue stick once it's on? They last a long time with light condensation?

I have never had a label fall off

Old 01-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #8
NTXBrauer
Prosit!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 97 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyc88 View Post
They may come off if in a cooler and they get soaked, but otherwise the labels adhere well, even with a little condensation. I have had great success with this method.
labels_012.jpg  

Old 01-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #9
hedge_87
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Just had a thought/idea. I have a friend with a vynl cutter and a graphic design degree. I was wondering if anybody ever tried using vynl for beer labels. My reason is I think once you put it on it would hopefully never come off. So I would use these labels only for something I was going to brew repeatedly and just set them aside until I have enough to brew it again.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #10
mtyquinn
Brewer / Designer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts

My labels at thestudiopub.com rounded corner, water-resistant labels. They hold up well but are not reusable. You also might check out grogtag.com. They have reusable vinyl labels.

Both are great quality. When you order from thestudiopub, a graphic designer takes the info you supply and does the layout. On grogtag, what you see is what you get.

Check the signature for discounts.

"studiopub" for 10% off Grog Tag

Quick Reply