*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Where do you buy your labels from?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #1
Anthony_Lopez
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Where do you buy your labels from?

I'm going to start labeling my Christmas IPA in the next few weeks. I've seen many "standard" labels from Avery, Staples, etc. I'd really like to get a nice beer label to show off this brew. It would be even better if the labeling works with most printers for templates...

Thanks!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.
--Tom Waits

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
--Frank Zappa

My Cheap and Easy Stirplate

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2008, 04:15 PM   #2
Kilgore_Trout
Recipes 

I believe most people print them on standard paper (not inkjet, it will run) and then brush them on with a bit of milk.

Kinkos will do color laser prints for cheap, pack a bunch on one sheet of 8.5x11. Cut them out and lightly brush some milk on the backside like glue. It's enough of a bond to hold, but will come off with warm water (unlike stickers, huge plus!).

I would imagine the sticker paper would be nice if you do one or two batches with it, but prohibitively expensive as a long term deal.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:05 PM   #3
Bob
Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Avery labels - I forget the number, but there's six to a page - work like the dickens for bottle labels. You can make semi-nice labels in Microsuck Word, using a document template you'll find under 'Envelopes and Labels'.

The two caveats are, as Kilgore noted, expense; and they're a cast-iron bitch to remove. If you're going to recycle or toss the bottles, fugeddaboudit, but if you're taking the bottles back home, I'd give the sticky labels a miss and use the paper-and-milk method.

Bob

Brewmaster
Fort Christian Brewpub
St Croix, US Virgin Islands

Quick Reply