Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > What makes a good beer logo to you?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2009, 12:07 AM   #11
beerthirty
big beers turn my gears
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts

I like labels that visually represent why we drink beer. Mine says fun and relaxation.
Slimer I hope this works for you.
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/data/1/medium/Beerthirty.jpg

primary- Tangerine Dream, SWMBO slayer,
serving- amber ale hop experiment #6, Roggenbier, apfelwine
planning- Cru?
conditioning- 9/9/09 barleywine
Drink water?... Never, fish fornicate in it.--- W.C. Fields
Most problems can be solved with the proper application of force.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 12:25 AM   #12
slimer

Recipes 

Giggity goo.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:13 AM   #13
Kronin
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

NOT TOO BUSY, professional looking, and fitting the beer.

the unibrau brewery has some cool labels for "end of the world" and "Cursed" beers.... Big Rock has some nice, all watercolor stuff that looks pretty sweet.

Keg conditioning:
Drinking: Edworts Apfelwein, FrostHammer Ale

Old 03-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #14
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2035 Times on 1462 Posts
Likes Given: 1115

The label will have to portray the image the brewery wants it to portray. The field is wide open after that. I have seen awesome labels on all kinds of beer, in all kinds of styles, but there are a few that just don't do it for me. And the beer might be excellent, but I'm afraid the label often gives it a bad impression if not done right. But others may very much enjoy those same labels I don't.

Generally I don't care for a label to be too "busy". OTOH, I like reading labels, so the more stuff you can print on there to read while I'm drinking, the better. I like to know more about the brewery or the beer, so that is always good.

Avant garde design is usually not my preference, but if that is the style the brewery is trying to push, then it might work for them.

Lots of breweries do their labels in similar styles across all of their beers, and some use a very simple logo design that is easy to notice among lots of beers on the shelf. Case in point, Bells Beers.

Flying Dog uses the same artwork for their beers, but the images are very different at first glance IMO. However, once you see the label, you know who's it is.

I'd get to know what the brewery's attitude about their beers is, or the attitude they wish to present to the customer. I mean, lots of beers are very similar tasting, but the label can actually be the bit that gives the beer the right appearance, not the beer itself (although a bad beer will doom it, and an excellent beer can often sell itself regardless of the label).

Old 02-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #15
Ace_Club
Legendary Influential Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1526 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 52725

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesica View Post
Make your own home brew your own home bar is a great idea for anyone who wants to distinguish itself from its friends. You can get a beer bottling ordinary and write your name on the tape. When you bottle your beer, you can have a white label with your logo printed on the manuscript. But you can expand your game with a logo of your choice.
A customized logo is an necessary & important part of brand marketing strategy.
Jesica, you don't have an ulterior motive posting in all these labeling/logo threads...do you?
"If guns don't kill people, why do we give people guns when they go to war? Why not just send the people?" - Ozzy Osbourne

Sent from my iPhone 4s.

Canon T2i | EF-S 18-55mm | EF 28mm 1.8 | EF 50mm 1.8 | EF-S 55-250mm

3 whipped dog straights, Gillette Ball End Tech, 1959 Gillette Fat Boy

Secondary: Strawberry Melomel

Old 02-22-2011, 04:34 PM   #16
TheSlash
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
I like logos that are either in line art or transfer well to line art. It makes it easier to do etched glasses, silk screened shirts and vinyl graphics.
I agree. Vector is almost a must if you want to take your logo to a variety of formats. Once you work vector...

Old 02-24-2011, 05:02 AM   #17
ibleedbrew
Recipes 

everyone is wrong a label that represents the best beer will include the following hot women, guns, some type of fire , aliens, a dog, and maybe a picture of chuck norris if the beer can handle it.

no in all honesty i agree with homer i enjoy reading the labels and a consistency through out all of the labels help because if i like on beer im going to want another from the same brewery. hope it helps

"once during prohibition i had to survive on nothing but food and water" - W.C. Fields

Quick Reply