Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Water Resistant Labels

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2009, 02:16 AM   #1
C4PNJ4ZZ
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Water Resistant Labels

I'm brewing and bottling a batch for my brothers wedding. I wanted to make labels for the bottles so they would be a little nicer than amber and gold.

I've looked around and have found a few websites. Anyone have any experience with them?

I'm looking for water resistant labels that won't run when the beer sweats. Ideally people could keep the bottles looking nice after drinking them.

The myownlabels have the best designs.

Would I just be better off printing them myself? Thanks for your help

*- ~ Beer Label Builder ~ -* Design Your Own Beer Labels
My Own Labels | Custom Labels, Personalized Favor Tags, Coasters, Bookplates, Note Cards, Place Cards
Custom Beer Labels | Personalized Beer Labels | Wedding Beer Labels

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2009, 02:59 AM   #2
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I stopped making labels awhile ago just because I don't feel it's worth the time, but I can see where you'd want to label them at a wedding. Adds a nice touch.

When I was labeling, I would spray polyurithane*sp?* over the labels once they were printed on removable label paper from onlinelabels.com It helps keep them from bleeding, but not to the level of commercial brews. You can buy water resistant ink and most office shops, but it's expensive.

It was once suggested to me to use an alternative to labels. Make little tags like something you'd see on a stuffed animal. Put them on a little dog tag like chain and drape it around the bottle neck. It adds a unique touch and it's easy.

Another HERMS rig...

Old 06-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2122 Times on 1522 Posts
Likes Given: 1165

Revvy has a template for tags that you can hang from the necks. Very nice looking and might help keep the condensation from soaking the labels. Otherwise, I don't know how you can absolutely keep the labels from running.

Check a bit down the page on this link:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/revv...herwise-94812/

Quick Reply