Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Three Newest labels

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2013, 04:24 AM   #31
slinkster213
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPSquared

The link just takes you to a page with the label on it. There is still a HUGE ammount of choices as to type of media it's printed on.

What paper exactly are you using? The waterproof or the removeable or what?
I would also like to know what material your using. I use onlinelabels.com all the time. GREAT RESOURCE! I think I ordered standard white matte the first time and ordered a ton of labels and they suck when it comes to removing them to reuse the bottles. Anyone used a different material that is much easier to remove?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #32
dieden187
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthaug View Post
Jeffries55, I know your Q wasn't directed at me, but a good/cheap way of printing quality colour labels is to go to your local kinkos/staples/copy centre and use their colour laser copiers - most will print from USB, and generally cost less than $0.10 a page. Depending on the size of your labels, its not uncommon to get 3 to 6 labels per page, so you're talking a few bucks to label up a full 6 gallon batch.

Bryan
What are you using to glue your labels? And do you have bleeding/fading issues with just using standard paper?

Old 10-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #33
Warthaug
Recipes 

Liked 112 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieden187 View Post
What are you using to glue your labels? And do you have bleeding/fading issues with just using standard paper?
I use gelatin to stick on the labels, as outlined in this thread. Its fantastic - holds for over a year (oldest labels are 18 months on the bottle and going strong), holds on in cold water, but comes right off in hot water - without residue on the bottle!

As for fading, its not much of an issue with laser prints. Unlike bubblejet inks, which are thin liquids that literally stain the paper (and thus are exposed to oxygen, leading to fading), laser inks are pigments encapsulated in plastic. The plastic protects the inks from from oxygen, so fading is much less of an issue. So long as the inks are not exposed to direct sunlight of constant fluorescent lighting, they should be stable for years.

Bryan
Wines: Petit Noir, Liebfraumilch, Shiraz

My blog: Recipes, Wild Yeasts, Yeast Farming, Yeast Exchange & More!

Quick Reply