Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Test Labels by Mindflux

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2005, 09:14 PM   #21
McGrath Brewery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

yeah i agree, i really like the label but i think it should involve some donkey pain

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2005, 09:34 PM   #22
BlightyBrewer

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewer_99
...and which one is the donkey (I know what you're thinking...)?
I don't think...it hurts my bwain too much!

Old 11-19-2005, 10:46 PM   #23
Sir Sudster

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
What's the big deal? Put into a famine situation (which may or may not happen in your lifetime) would you eat a pet or let your child die from malnutrition? I'm fairly certain what your answer would be.
I don't have a child but do they taste like chicken. If put into a starvation situation I may have to eat yours or theirs. They have four limbs don't they?

Gimme a HB99 jr. meal ..and no supersize..

Quote:
As far as the label is concerned...it's funny! Have we oversensitized ourselves so much that one CARTOON character kicking another CARTOON character in the butt causes CONGRESS to get involved? Grow up America!!
It's not funny if you don't read cartoons. Grow up America... Read more
BYO's.

Quote:
I will concede that if the picture was of a REAL person committing the same act against a REAL cat then the humor would not be there and it would probably be offensive to many people.
Your REAL could be different than my real. Isn't a picture a thought X 1000
regardless of who's REAL it is. How about a cartoon label of a pediphile and a nine year old. It wouldn't be real but would it be funny?

I agree ...Art IS subjective.

Old 11-20-2005, 03:35 AM   #24
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudster
Gimme a HB99 jr. meal ..and no supersize..I agree ...Art IS subjective.
You want fries with that?

Art imitates life as life imitates art...hmm?

Funny stuff. Let's kick that donkey! If he doesn't like it he'll kick back!

Old 11-20-2005, 12:32 PM   #25
kenmc
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I just can't understand the reasoning behind someone (organizations) caring more about what happens to food (PETA) than they do about people's rights. Sure, the argument is that they can't defend themselves...they're food that's why!!

People have been eating what we call "pets" (a domesticated wild animal) for thousands of years.

Chihuahua's were originally bred for food. Lewis and Clark had 40 dogs included in their food provisions - you didn't learn that in elementary school did you? Many orientals (as well as other humans around the world) still eat cats and dogs as well as rats, snakes, large spiders, grubs, ants, etc., in additional to beef, chicken and pork. (Horse polo was invented by the Mongols who originated the game where the "ball" was actually the heads of the people they conquered. (Just another "gross" fact if you can stomache the truth.) Korean's still know which weeds are good to eat that they find along the roads. Do you have these survival skills? Unfortunately, I doubt it.

Face it. We are finally on top of the food chain since we (collectively) no longer live in the forests and jungles where we would have to fight off the lions, tigers and bears (OH, MY!!) and placed these creatures in jail (zoo's).
Placed back into the "wild" we would have to compete for food and water, including all the big and little creatures.

What's the big deal? Put into a famine situation (which may or may not happen in your lifetime) would you eat a pet or let your child die from malnutrition? I'm fairly certain what your answer would be.

And remember, the real benefit about eating a dog for Thanksgiving is that there are 4 legs (instead of 2) to go around.

As far as the label is concerned...it's funny! Have we oversensitized ourselves so much that one CARTOON character kicking another CARTOON character in the butt causes CONGRESS to get involved? Grow up America!!

I will concede that if the picture was of a REAL person committing the same act against a REAL cat then the humor would not be there and it would probably be offensive to many people.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!
I have to agree with everything homebrewer_99 has said here. Another little known fact : PETA actually stands for People Eating Tasty Animals.

But Seriously for a bit. Next year I am going on a round the world trip. I will be tasting as much of the wierd and wonderful foods that are on offer throughout Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, China, Japan. Whenever I see something unusual on the menu, I *have* to try it. Just because it is not eaten in our culture in the west does not mean that it cannot nor shouldnot be eaten. I have heard that ants taste like popcorn when fried. And they are full of protein as well, and no fat. Win-win!
My girlfriend on the other hand, has a severe issue with all these wierd and wonderful foods, and is likely to become a quasi-vegetarian. So much so that she has asked me to promise not to eat dog . I agreed, but crossed my fingers
In these countries, dogs are BRED for eating, like we do cows. In India, however, cows are sacred and are NEVER eaten. So to Indians, our eating of a cow is a sin. Yet we look on their eating a "pet" such as a dog or a cat, as gross. Horses for courses folks.

I always ask of a vegeterian, and have never received a satisfactory reply, the following question. "If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"
Could you imagine what would happen if we did not eat animals? The food chain would turn around, and they would surely have no hesitation in eating us - happens in limited quantities in the ocean (Sharks vs Humans) and in the Jungle (Big Cats vs Humans). We're meat too, at the end of the day. We're all essentially food of one form or the other. We just don't eat each other. Much. Yet.

Old 11-20-2005, 01:06 PM   #26
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmc
I have to agree with everything homebrewer_99 has said here. Another little known fact : PETA actually stands for People Eating Tasty Animals. We're meat too, at the end of the day. We're all essentially food of one form or the other. We just don't eat each other. Much. Yet.
Amen brother!

Now let's lighten this thread up and see some more funny labels again!

Old 11-20-2005, 03:08 PM   #27
Sir Sudster

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Let's kick that donkey! If he doesn't like it he'll kick back!
Go ahead..make my day....

Last edited by Sir Sudster; 06-22-2007 at 02:04 AM.

Old 11-20-2005, 06:54 PM   #28
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 66

I do have a probelm with kicking kittens, any if anyone wants to help me get over it feel free to step on up and we can discuss it . . .

The problem is hw do ya sneek up on the little buggers, every time I try it they hear me and run

Old 11-20-2005, 09:48 PM   #29
Tony

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa
I do have a probelm with kicking kittens, any if anyone wants to help me get over it feel free to step on up and we can discuss it . . .

The problem is hw do ya sneek up on the little buggers, every time I try it they hear me and run
Yah, you have to befriend them and be nice to them for a long time first and its just too long a process... Just get a paint ball gun with clear liquid paint balls for easy shooting in the house. You'll get em every time.
Dead Soldier:Hop Rod Rye Stout
Dead Soldier: Imperial Hell Fire Ale

Old 11-20-2005, 11:40 PM   #30
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

...and you may have to bait them...

The only problem is getting the hook out of their mouths afterward.

Quick Reply