Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Streamline Brewing Company

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
Mountainbeers
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Streamline Brewing Company

So I just spent the last few hours working on a generic label for all my beers. I am going to have blank spaces off to the left where I can fill in:

Name:
Date:
ABV:
IBU:

And the government warning off to the right.

I need labels that I will still be able to write on once they get here. I heard that www.onlinelabels.com was an OK resource but that the glue sticks to the bottles. What do you guys use?

Here's what I've got so far:

I used Inkscape and the tutorials from http://screencasters.heathenx.org/ to create it. Prior to this I had no experience with Inkscape so I'm hoping this was a good first go at it!

Please give me feedback even if you hate it!

EDIT: I put a link to this thread in my signature because I want everybody's input on this. Even if you tell me to scratch it and start over!

On Deck: Apfelwein
Fermenting: Oatmeal Stout
Conditioning:
Drinking:

Last edited by Mountainbeers; 10-27-2009 at 05:50 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2009, 09:39 PM   #2
riverfrontbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Hey Mtnbeer-

I really like your label art, and I like your name.....just don't know if they go together.....to me, "Streamline" means quick and efficient, but your label conveys slow and relaxed...tranquil. Maybe thats what you are going for though...the opposites?

Just my 2 cents

DHBM

Old 10-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
Mountainbeers
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurangoHomeBrewMafia View Post
Hey Mtnbeer-

I really like your label art, and I like your name.....just don't know if they go together.....to me, "Streamline" means quick and efficient, but your label conveys slow and relaxed...tranquil. Maybe thats what you are going for though...the opposites?

Just my 2 cents

DHBM
Yea I agree. I am a swimmer and streamline is a position in swimming lingo so that's where the name came from and I really like the sound of it. The mountains come in bc I'm brewing it up in the mountains. I also want to put "Morgantown, WV" at the bottom. I was thinking somehow trying to incorporate water, or something cutting through water, might tie it together better. But that still might not translate to people who don't get the whole streamline thing.

Conditioning:
Drinking:

Old 10-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #4
riverfrontbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Maybe if you can make the pic look just a bit more "daylight", then you could put a small lake in front with a swimmer in it?

Old 10-22-2009, 10:18 PM   #5
Mountainbeers
Recipes 

Yea or maybe a stream with a kayaker or something cutting through the water.

Conditioning:
Drinking:

Old 10-23-2009, 08:25 AM   #6
celestialparsnip
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'd suggest changing the font to something more 'streamlined', and choosing a different colour. The turquoise doesn't really stand out.

Otherwise, a nice concept

Old 10-27-2009, 01:52 PM   #7
Mountainbeers
Recipes 

What do you think? Too Halloweeny? I can't decide on a font color that stands out.

I really think I should decide on a font before I move on to the rest.

Conditioning:
Drinking:

Old 10-27-2009, 02:50 PM   #8
celestialparsnip
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The orange fits a whole lot better, as does capitalising the font. Keep us posted!

Old 10-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #9
Mountainbeers
Recipes 

OK so I realize the water isn't showing up behind the text. That is a fair amount of work and I wanted to get some opinions on the water before I go any further. I like it. I don't know that I love it. Although I could probably keep the water and do some pretty cool touch ups to make it look more professional and less like clip art.

I found the water at http://www.cgtextures.com/. Let me know if you see something on there you like more. It's all free!!!!

Conditioning:
Drinking:

Old 10-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #10
Mountainbeers
Recipes 

Update: