Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Showing off new logo

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 10:24 PM   #11
Burro2882
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The problem is definitely the mis alignment of the "hooks" combined with the man being slightly off center. Both contribute to the barrel looking crooked. It's not though. Kind of an optical illusion. Im going to fix the text and see if I can budge him over a tiny bit.

Thanks for all the input thus far. And "whore" doesn't offend me. It was probably the term used most in that time period.

"If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose."
-Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2011, 12:54 AM   #12
Gammon N Beer
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 40

I like the tie to the local history. That always gets me.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:12 AM   #13
beaksnbeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 485 Times on 323 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Maybe drop the "The" I like the idea of HOOKS BREWING. Also if you shifted the barrel to the right so it could be seen on both side of figure.....my.02

Old 10-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #14
Conan
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I really like your logo. I don't see the 'weighted' feeling others are getting, but do agree that raising the Hooks would help open it up a bit.

As a slight aside, and if you dig some interesting reading, there's a brewery (beer's so-so) on Pearl Street of Buffalo, near the heart of the Hooks area. Check out http://www.pearlstreetgrill.com/index.html for some cool info. Incidentally, the vicinity is still a little rough- but only during hockey season. The Sabres play about 200 yards from the brewery.

In your logo, the forward fist really pops the entire shot for me. Kyle

Old 10-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #15
Burro2882
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Conan, Yeah I used to work there actually. It's an awesome place with surprisingly great bar food. And their beer isn't bad either. I grew up in Lockport and lived in Buffalo for a few years before moving out to San Diego a few years ago. Thanks for the link.

Have you read; America's Crossroads, Canal Street/Dante Place? Huge read with TONS of interesting articles and stuff about the "Infected District". Unfortunately its out of print now but there are a few copies out there floating around.

"If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose."

Old 10-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #16
heckels
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 37 Posts

Does anyone else see an Amish guy? I think it's the hat and beard. I do really like the logo though

Old 10-18-2011, 02:19 PM   #17
Burro2882
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Now that you mention it. Yeah!

Its actually an alternative fighting irish I believe, but the beard looks very amish looking. I'm going to add the mustache to it to make it look less amish. Or maybe I'll give him a derby cap instead. Thanks for commenting.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #18
Conan
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burro2882 View Post
Conan, Yeah I used to work there actually. It's an awesome place with surprisingly great bar food. And their beer isn't bad either. I grew up in Lockport and lived in Buffalo for a few years before moving out to San Diego a few years ago. Thanks for the link.

Have you read; America's Crossroads, Canal Street/Dante Place? Huge read with TONS of interesting articles and stuff about the "Infected District". Unfortunately its out of print now but there are a few copies out there floating around.
Not to take it any more off topic, but I just amazon searched this book- apparently, someone thinks it's worth a TON of money. Literally, one copy available for $200. Maybe the library. Kyle

Old 10-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #19
Burro2882
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
Not to take it any more off topic, but I just amazon searched this book- apparently, someone thinks it's worth a TON of money. Literally, one copy available for $200. Maybe the library. Kyle
Yup. I was able to find a copy that was owned by a charity organization. I got it for $80 and the money went to a good cause.

Quick Reply