Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Show Us Your Label

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #2911
Zettwoch
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts

My brother made it kind of as a joke and could probably make any necessary tweaks if I was super serious about actually using it for real.

Yes, both kids called it that when they were about 3. I could see where, if you didn't have kids, daddy juice would mean something totally different!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #2912
LoneTreeFarms
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 49

in our house it's called a daddy pop.. it's definitely a parent thing. nice label

Old 06-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #2913
ViperMan
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneTreeFarms View Post
in our house it's called a daddy pop.. it's definitely a parent thing. nice label
I like "daddy pop" - I'll remember that one when she starts talkin'...

Old 06-21-2013, 02:26 AM   #2914
sfrisby
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 215 Times on 147 Posts

I'm thirsty.

image-624384769.jpg  
Old 06-21-2013, 02:27 AM   #2915
mcbaumannerb
Feedback Score: 32 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3768 Times on 2056 Posts
Likes Given: 12868

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfrisby View Post
I'm thirsty.
very nice!

Untappd: mcbaumannerb BEEr

Facebook: BEEr

Old 06-21-2013, 02:33 AM   #2916
sfrisby
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 215 Times on 147 Posts

I blame you! You have me thinking about Rumpkinstein and that its not to drink until the fall!

Old 06-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #2917
dave73ok
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Here's a finished Sundowner Cyser bottle. Made the wax using a 2:1 ratio of small glue sticks to broken blue crayons. Turned out really thick and shiny.

Carport Brewing- Unprofessional ales brewed in Winona, MN.
http://www.carportbrewing.com

Winona Area Homebrewers
http://www.facebook.com/groups/171955402849593/

People Like This 
Old 07-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #2918
ViperMan
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 12

So looking for opinions...

I posted this label a few pages ago. I had it printed this morning and will get it on a few bottles tonight (can't wait!)

I'm almost out of the labels with this design - the lower, 3.5 x 3 label and the 3.25'ish wide neck label. I've enjoyed making these, but the neck label always ends up an afterthought, doesn't always fit in with my design, and often becomes a centering nightmare when local businesses try to print these things.

So I'm thinking about getting some 5 x 3 labels for my next batch and trying something different. I really want the extra space on the sides that some of you have used for stories, "warnings", SRM/IBU/ABV info, city/state, etc... There was just never a good place to put that info before, especially if I wanted to really make the most of the main "label". So I designed this today.

I like it, but I'm wondering if the gauge idea is a bit too big. (If I make it too much smaller, you won't be able to read the numbers)

The "ViperDen" is based on the car, not the reptile, so I thought it'd be a cool way of embelishing the "theme".

What do you folks think?

Old 07-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #2919
reverendj1
Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperMan View Post

I posted this label a few pages ago. I had it printed this morning and will get it on a few bottles tonight (can't wait!)

I'm almost out of the labels with this design - the lower, 3.5 x 3 label and the 3.25'ish wide neck label. I've enjoyed making these, but the neck label always ends up an afterthought, doesn't always fit in with my design, and often becomes a centering nightmare when local businesses try to print these things.

So I'm thinking about getting some 5 x 3 labels for my next batch and trying something different. I really want the extra space on the sides that some of you have used for stories, "warnings", SRM/IBU/ABV info, city/state, etc... There was just never a good place to put that info before, especially if I wanted to really make the most of the main "label". So I designed this today.

I like it, but I'm wondering if the gauge idea is a bit too big. (If I make it too much smaller, you won't be able to read the numbers)

The "ViperDen" is based on the car, not the reptile, so I thought it'd be a cool way of embelishing the "theme".

What do you folks think?
I think the gauges are a really neat idea. I think they really help for non beer geeks who don't know 75 ibus from 75 hogsheads. Couldn't you just keep the font size of the gauges the same and decrease the size of the gauges themselves if you want to make them smaller?

Last edited by reverendj1; 07-01-2013 at 09:09 PM. Reason: typo

Old 07-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #2920
501irishred
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 121 Times on 98 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperMan View Post

What do you folks think?
As usual, you've outdone yourself! My vote is on the larger label, but both are outstanding. Just wondering if you have some inside information - Is that a picture of an up and coming MOPAR product?

Whiskey's too rough, champagne costs too much, vodka puts my mouth in gear
This little refrain should help me explain as a matter of fact I like beer - Tom T Hall

Quick Reply