Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Show Us Your Label

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #1741
atimmerman88
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 324 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 799

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercameron View Post
I think I'm pretty close on finalizing this design.

My wife and I are expecting our first child beginning of the year, so I wanted to brew something special that could age until the child is born. For that reason I chose to do a Tripel - my first high-gravity brew. So far, the batch has gone exactly to plan. It's been in the fermenter about a month now and is going into bottles this weekend. We are waiting to find out the sex so we could have one of the biggest surprises of our lives, hence the name of the beer. And since this is a celebration of our child, I wanted to go with a fun kid theme.

All the work was done in Pixelmator for Mac (awesome app, by the way) and I have two slightly different versions of the neck labels - one for standard bottles, and another for the Belgian bottles I'm also using. The illustrations are samples from graphicriver.net, but I will be buying the vector art and swapping it out so the animals aren't blurry and free of watermarks on the final version. My plan is to simply print these out on decent paper and glue them to the bottles with a glue stick, perhaps spraying with that special Krylon stuff (sorry, don't recall the name).
Are you planning on aging this 9 months and cracking them open at birth ?

Untapped

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #1742
MrNic
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 629 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Just made this for a hard cider I'm going to bottle soon.

sliceapielabelsmall.jpg  

Old 09-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #1743
mistercameron
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by atimmerman88 View Post
Are you planning on aging this 9 months and cracking them open at birth ?
That was the original plan, but my brewing schedule didn't work out that way. Total time from brew day to birth will be about four and a half months. Either way, I've read that's about the time the beer will start getting really good. The hydrometer samples were fantastic, so I'm really looking forward to this.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #1744
Dmatson89
Recipes 

Default Cant decide

Here are two labels that I recently made for a BM's Centennial Blonde Ale. I cant decide whether the black and white with just a hint of red is the way to go or John Deer Green and Yellow is better. What do you guys think?

.... O and the name "Farmers Daughter Blonde Ale", I know it has been used over and over... and over, but my SWMBO is really a farmers daughter so i couldn't pass up on a good label. Its her and their farm in the picture.

farmers-daughter-blonde-ii.jpg   farmers-daughter-blonde.jpg   farmers-daughter-blonde-ii-neck.jpg   farmers-daughter-blonde-neck.jpg  

Old 09-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #1745
tom_gamer
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmatson89
Here are two labels that I recently made for a BM's Centennial Blonde Ale. I cant decide whether the black and white with just a hint of red is the way to go or John Deer Green and Yellow is better. What do you guys think?

.... O and the name "Farmers Daughter Blonde Ale", I know it has been used over and over... and over, but my SWMBO is really a farmers daughter so i couldn't pass up on a good label. Its her and their farm in the picture.
I would use the yellow border and red barn with the yellow mini labels. Either way good job

Old 09-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #1746
dudius
Recipes 

Liked 62 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Gawddamn, seeing all the cool labels makes me want to take some art classes so I can learn how to do more than steal clipart from Google and add it to MSPaint.

Here are a couple labels I'm currently working on for my Capsicumel and Pumpkin Porter

Old 09-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #1747
atimmerman88
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 324 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmatson89 View Post

Nice labels!

Great to see a semi-local brewer on the boards

Untapped

Old 09-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #1748
mjap52
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 10

First label done in a real program. Feedback?

Eggertsville Brewhouse: Stealing the livers of suburbanites, one pint at a time!

Old 09-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #1749
BlakeL
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjap52

First label done in a real program. Feedback?
I would change the text color since its hard to read with that background.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:21 AM   #1750
mjap52
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeL View Post
I would change the text color since its hard to read with that background.
Made a few changes. Thanks for the feedback!

Eggertsville Brewhouse: Stealing the livers of suburbanites, one pint at a time!

Quick Reply