Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This afternoon we'll be going First Class

First Class.png

What type of printer do you all use? I have given up on labels for the moment after getting annoyed and nearly shotputting my crappy inkj*nk across the room. Dark red was coming out pink, dark blue as sky blue. And this was with brand new ink cartridges....
Mine is an older Canon MP series inkjet I probably bought at Walmart years ago for less than $100. One of those “all in one” printer, scanner, fax (does anybody still fax?)
It does a good enough job that I’m still using it.

Most of them have an option in one of the print windows to clean the heads. Might be under a “tools” label or a little icon with a screwdriver or a toolbox, something like that. I would try this if you’re getting off colors

Last edited:
What type of printer do you all use? I have given up on labels for the moment after getting annoyed and nearly shotputting my crappy inkj*nk across the room. Dark red was coming out pink, dark blue as sky blue. And this was with brand new ink cartridges....

After a frustrating hour+ spent gluing my plain-paper color printed labels with milk for adhesive onto 24 bottles (xmas gifts!), I'm looking for alternatives!

What's everyone else using? I'm leaning towards Avery labels (where I just upload my image and they take it from there)... But those are pretty expensive. 🤔

After a frustrating hour+ spent gluing my plain-paper color printed labels with milk for adhesive onto 24 bottles (xmas gifts!), I'm looking for alternatives!

What's everyone else using? I'm leaning towards Avery labels (where I just upload my image and they take it from there)... But those are pretty expensive. 🤔
I use the mix from this post. Works great, and easy to apply with a 1" paint brush.

Brew on :mug:

I use Artisan Label Making Paper: 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of gummed paper for about $8.00 for 18 sheets. I print 9 labels on a sheet. I almost always only do 9 labels per batch.

Ok, this thread is starting to veer into a discussion of printing and attaching labels, which is off topic for this thread (and yes I am aware that I contributed to it.) There are other threads where this discussion is more appropriate.

Please no more discussion of printing and attaching labels here.

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

Probably won't make labels, but I'd like to print up some glassware with this. I've used that character as my avatar for years, might as well stick with it. Kind of looks like me. Anyone know of a good online place that does good full-color on beer glasses in small quantities (like a dozen or two)? Prefer nonic pint glasses.

GetMaxStout3.jpg

Last edited:
Probably won't make labels, but I'd like to print up some glassware with this. I've used that character as my avatar for years, might as well stick with it. Kind of looks like me. Anyone know of a good online place that does good full-color on beer glasses in small quantities (like a dozen or two)? Prefer nonic pint glasses.
I had a great experience with this place: Personalized Glasses and Mugs | Glass With a Twist

Elmer's glue stick... easy to apply, initially movable for precise placement, comes off with water. Been my go to for awhile now...
1702524462363.png

1702525199256.png

Another variation of th 1st one... These were all done on the Avery website... I find the graphics online somewhere and import them into an Avery Project..... Then print them with an inkjet onto plain paper and apply to bottle with a glue stick...

Apply stick around perimeter of the label, then an X across the middle... Good to go!

I choose a template with 9 to a sheet, then use the "print yourself" option... Requires some cutting but it's not bad. And with the glue stick, application is quite fast.

Clueless with all technology, and lost all but one of my old labels in many moves across computer crashes over many years. I think I somehow macgyvered it from Word, but have no idea. I'd love to learn how to make them again.

Edgar was my wife's late grandpa - son of Estonia, he and his young family caught up in the cataclysm of WWII when Estonia traded overlords between the soviets (forced to serve as an officer) and the nazis (deserted soviet army, taken POW by the Germans), was POW when my wife's mom was born, through wits and sheer guts got his family out and eventually sponsored by an occupying US officer to settle in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Made a tremendous life, through sheer determination made it two weeks into his 100th year.

Lover of good beer, one of my biggest "customers."

1703439713864.jpeg

Last edited:
Back